2007 taxe return

lucy

Hello I'm new to the site, but have been living here 3 years. I have followed many threads, but have just joined, and hope you knowledgable folk can help.. For the 2005 return a french tax officer with limited english helped tick the boxes. Last year, a paid english advisor to do the same. This year I was confident that I would do it myself, but the first hurdle seems to be that the form 2042-K has been sent out with a 2041-K and not the expected 2047-K. Does anybody know if the 2041-K is a replacement?

My other question is that I declare interest received from UK investments, albeit small, and this seems to involve me into the Contributions Sociale system. I have never worked in France, so think this is the reason I am 'hit', when many friends here in the Charente have never heard of it. Does anybody know the reason why?

hoping to hear from someone who is able to explain. thank you, Lucy

"My other question is that I declare interest received from UK investments, albeit small, and this seems to involve me into the Contributions Sociale system. I have never worked in France, so think this is the reason I am 'hit', when many friends here in the Charente have never heard of it"

English friends no doubt!!  Probably because they don't have savings[Www] or they don't declare their savings interest in France.  Contributions Sociale are a separate levy on unearned income such as savings interest and rental income.  Interest on savings, as well as being taxed, is subject to a 11% additional deduction for contributions sociale tax.  From postings on here there are many "anglais" who deliberately don't declare savings interest or the accounts, hoping that they will never get caught,  or they pay UK tax on it thinking that they can avoid French sociale charges by not bringing these accounts to the attention of the French tax man.  In these days of shared information between banks and the various tax authorities I would not count on not getting caught and heavily fined at the least, at least you can sleep OK at night Lucy.