avis d'impôt: signature required?

mint

Got to get this right because it's the last piece in the jigsaw puzzle.

Have had our avis back:  no tax to pay because a) only part of a year as it was our first declaration b) no interest from our savings accounts because interest wasn't paid until 31/03/07 (therefore after ending of French financial year) and c) credit d'impôt for installation of 2 woodburners.

So far, so good.

Question now is, there is a bit at the bottom for you to sign to say "Je déclare sur l'honneur........", do we sign this bit?

Is the correct thing to do to sign this and detached the sliver of paper and return to the Hôtel des impôt, even though we have nothing to pay?

Might seem a silly question.  Answer might also be obvious.

But, as we haven't (yet) fallen foul of French law and have done everything as recommended here on the forum, I don't want to fall at the last fence.

Please advise me and I shall be truly happy to have done all as required!

Greetings SD et al,

Above the sinature box it says:

Si un organsime vous demand de lui communiquer le montant des revenues que vous avez declarers á l'administration fiscale, avent de lui envoyer une photocopie, datez et signez la declaration sur honneur figurant au bas du present avis, apres eventuellement completee.

Which means I think, you sign and date it when you send the photocopy off. Which makes sense given that you make the declaration on the day you send it off to the interested party.

(The hairs, they will be split!!)

BobD

Sweet 17 said "

Have had our avis back:  no tax to pay because a) only part of a year as it was our first declaration b) no interest from our savings accounts because interest wasn't paid until 31/03/07 (therefore after ending of French financial year) and c) credit d'impôt for installation of 2 woodburners."

Unless you meant 31/03/08 you have filed in an incomplete tax return[8-)].

"If a organisation requires you to communicate the amount of income which you have declared to the tax authorities, before sending a photocopy to them, date and sign the declaration upon honor which appears at the bottom of this advice....."

So, you follow the instruction and sign the declaration which appears at the bottom of this advice, ie the tax document you have been sent.  Once you have signed this declaration on the official tax document, you can then photocopy it as many times as may be required.  The date of the declaration is immaterial.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Sweet 17 said "

Have had our avis back:  no tax to pay because a) only part of a year as it was our first declaration b) no interest from our savings accounts because interest wasn't paid until 31/03/07 (therefore after ending of French financial year) and c) credit d'impôt for installation of 2 woodburners."

Unless you meant 31/03/08 you have filed in an incomplete tax return[8-)].

[/quote]

Well spotted, Ron.  What an observant fellow you are.  Yes, of course, I meant 2008.  We weren't even living in France on 31/03/07!  You see for yourself, not only do I have a problem knowing what the day and date are; I have a job remembering what year I am in!

Does living in France have the same effect on anyone else, I wonder?

Sweet 17 france has exactly the same effect on us we always have to ask what day is it as for date never have a clue - isn't it lovely to be so free ! So glad you asked the question as it seems we are in the same position as you ie just received the avis and no tax to pay this year and we were having a discussion as to whether we signed and returned or signed and filed in the end we put on the deal with later pile.

thanks to all for the replies also. chris