Tax D'Habitation

powerdesal

We paid on line, admittedly it was I and a colleague who speaks a lot more French than me.

We muddled through and at the end it indicated that payment would be taken from my bank account (the subsequent Taxe D'habitation demand shows that it will be taken from the account).

However, there was a form that in one part said send this to your bank without an RIB and another piece of paper that said send it with an RIB! Played safe and sent it with an RIB.

I am now wondering if I have now set it up so that it will be paid directly from my bank account each year.

Some of the translations of forms within Living France are very helpful. What would be even more helpful would be screenshots of doing things on line, such as Taxe D'Habitation and the translaion of what is being asked for and what actions you need to take.

Paul 

the advantage of paying on line is that the pament will be taken 15 days later than the specified date so you get another fortnight's worth of interest.  When you set up the payment, you can print out an instruction to your bank (yes it says take an RIB as well but as the form has all your bank details it isn't necessary to attach the RIB, I think it's just so the bank can check if there is any problem with any written details given, a sort of belts & braces!).  Anyway, you take it to the bank and leave the form there and, hey presto, you will have it automatically debited from then on ... and it covers the folllowing years as well.  Actually, as I understand it, it will cover ANY demand from the  Tresor Public on your bank account under that reference.

[quote user="nectarine"]...yes it says take an RIB as well but as the form has all your bank details it isn't necessary to attach the RIB, I think it's just so the bank can check if there is any problem with any written details given, a sort of belts & braces...[/quote]I used to be annoyed by this fatuous requirement (write all the details on the form, but attach a RIB as well) and it isn't only the Trésor Public that does it.

So I now just attach the RIB and leave the bank details section blank, except that I write across it "see attached RIB" or "voir RIB ci-joint".   I've done this five or six times now with different suppliers, and it hasn't provoked any complaint or caused any error.

I think of it as a tiny victory against the mighty forces of bureaucracy.