Taxes Fonciere

valB

We have just received our Habitation Taxes but still not had the Fonciere. I am getting concerned as I thought they were issued in September.Obviously do not want to incur any penalties for overdue account. Is it normal for that tax to be sent out this  late or should we panic and chase it up somehow ?

The first year we moved to France, I received a reminder for a TF bill with an added 10% fine.

On querying it at the Trésor Public, it appeared the original TF bill had been sent to the UK address I left 10 months before.

The fine was cancelled, the address was amended and I paid the bill.

The fact that the reminder had been sent to the correct address was never explained.

I'm not querying your sanity but are you sure it is the d'habitation you have received and not the Fonciere? Maybe I am completely wrong but I've just received my tax fonciere but am still waiting for the d'habitation. Friends who live here tell me that is the normal way round?

Although my OH says I am Ga Ga,  it is the Habitation tax  that we have just received. Last year our Fonciere was late but not this late so a trip to the authorities is order me thinks.  We are in the throes of setting up a DD for this as we have everything else on DD. We have been in UK for a couple of weeks and a friend has been seeing to our post box so I am hoping that she has not accidently mislaid the bill.  We will chase it up during next week even though we don't really want yet another big bill as our poor little pensions are shrinking every month.  Off to the soup kitchens !!!!!!!! [:D]

Sorry to butt in on you Val, but could anyone advise me please. I have received the Fonciere here in UK. I had forgotten all about it. I have closed C A Account, any ide of how I can pay it, can you pay by Visa or something or can I go to my bank here and arrange something. I did email them, but have had no reply.

All sorted now. We were able to get a copy of the bill so we can pay it. The original one was sent to the property we rented well over three years ago. The same thing happened once before and we notified them and they supposedly changed it on their system and it came to us direct last year.  So  hopefully once it is on DD we should not have this problem again.