Looking a gift horse in the mouth?

The gift horse is a "mini ordinateur portable DANEW".  Apparently, I have been chosen to receive a present of one of these by la Banque Postale (of which I am a client) in exchange for my subscription of a magazine for a minimum of 10 months.

I looked up this notebook on Amazon.  It is a French product and retails for just under 250€ on the French site.

If it works and it's not a Trojan horse, it would be good!  BUT is it too good to be true?

Has anyone banking with la Banque Postale also been "selected" for this cadeau?

Everyone here who has an idea of my technological expertise will appreciate that I am in great need fo your advice/opinion.

Thanks.

Thanks, DL.  The nah-nah's certainly outnumber the aye-aye's.

With some of the negative opinions though, I do wonder if the users were setting it up correctly.  I think that because the 5-star opinions were very positive though there weren't many of those.

Don't know if I'll bother but then it wouldn't be costing me anything and the magazine I have chosen le Point is one that I do read from time to time.

I reflect that I probably pay more than the subscription for the magazine in the secondhand book shop I use frequently.  I await the final opinion of my "nerd" (fond name for the chap who comes and sorts out our computers and TV when need arises) before I commit.

Just don't want the hassle if it doesn't work and I have to find the special dump. to get rid of it

DL my chap says the machine is "good enough" which should mean it'll work!

So next I take the letter of offer into the bank and ask them if they sent it and the offer was genuine.

If all kosher, I will choose the cheapest monthly magazine on offer so as not to expend too much dosh and hope the machine will at least be usable!

As ever, thanks again for your help.

I wonder if the one on offer is the one on Amazon at €250?

I would go with the old adage about things being too good to be true.  What do you want a mini PC for?  At this stage of your life, if you have a real need for one, get a proper one which will perform better.  

Or if its just for general surfing a Samsun tablet with an 11 inch screen (for example).  Less likely to end up in landfill in the short term.

Just my two pennies worth.   If you do go ahead, let us know, always happy to be proved wrong.

Will pop into a post office at some time to check the authenticity of the offer.

Why have one?  Well, why not, if it's a cadeau? 

Thought I'd take it with me when I go away in June to walk in the Massif Central and use it to send emails to my husband and load it with the exercises I normally do at home.

No, you don't want to know what exercises..ha! ha!

There are the ones I do for my joints before getting up, the nitric acid dump ones I do 3 times a day, the Wim Hof ones I do for my asthma, the pilates ones for stretching (though not so much everyday anymore). 

Sometimes I do think I could be just a mite obssessed?