End of Green Insurance slip on windscreen

Lehaut

From I April 2024 no need for the little green slip on the windscreen for your car.

The scheme has been in place since 2019 which allows visibility of your car insurance in a central data base.  Allegedly you can check to see with the FVA if your details are correct.  Hopefully an automatic scanning system will now be set up that alerts the authorities to those who drive without insurance. 

If some towns can scan cars to check they have paid for their parking, it should not be too difficult.

16 hours ago, Lehaut said:

From I April 2024 no need for the little green slip on the windscreen for your car.

The scheme has been in place since 2019 which allows visibility of your car insurance in a central data base.  Allegedly you can check to see with the FVA if your details are correct.  Hopefully an automatic scanning system will now be set up that alerts the authorities to those who drive without insurance. 

If some towns can scan cars to check they have paid for their parking, it should not be too difficult.

You will be issued with a new certificate of insurance, it's called le Mémo Véhicule Assuré. Which you must carry to show to plod should they ask to see it.

7 minutes ago, NickP said:

Which you must carry to show to plod should they ask to see it.

I read that the system is 99.6% effective, so yes it will be good to have the proof just in case!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

It's great that they're finally leveraging technology to streamline this process. Hopefully, it'll make things easier for everyone and crack down on uninsured drivers.

• Haha 1