Missed my Tax fonciere payment

Clive Bowyer

I live in the UK and have a flat in Normandy. I moved funds to my Credit Agricole account to cover the tax fonciere bill but they arrived too late.

My CA account shows the payment followed the following day by the amount 'rejet'.

Will the tax office try to claim the funds again or do I have to pay it in some way.

I would prefer to pay online but am having trouble finding a way to do that. I have an impots account from when I did the required property declaration earlier this year but there doesn't seeem to be an option to pay the tax. I can see the TF invoice in my documents as a pdf file and received the paper copy as usual some weeks ago.

Any advice would be welcome.

It is just a guess, but since it was supposed to be taken from your account and the funds had not arrived yet, the yellow "payer en ligne" message may not appear until the system updates to reflect the prelevement failed and you still owe the payment.

You can send them an email in your espace client.  Round here they answer pretty promptly.

Once you get through to them and have a dialogue, you could also ask to pay by prélèvement.  This is what I do, I ask them to take the amount when the tax is due.  I also get a statement beforehand to say how much and on what date.  I always keep money in my account for bills and other expenses but were I to be short of funds, I'd know what time I had in which to get the money into the bank.

Thanks for the replies.

I have the yellow button but when I click it it tells me there are no taxes for me to pay online.

I think I will leave it for a while to see if it gives the option to pay, the failed payment is only three days old, and if I don't get the option I will message them.