Nationwide Card

bixy

Has any body used the Caxton FX Euro card? It seems that Caxton FX offer a Euro card to UK residents who travel in the Euro zone a lot. ATM withdrawals and card purchases abroad are free.  I have used Caxton to transfer money abroad and have found them to be very customer friendly and their exchange rates to be very competitive, just wondered if anybody had used this card system and if so what you think of it?

I haven't any experience of it, but I've read lots of good things about it.

I ordered one this afternoon. Filled the form in, gave a debit card number for the 10 euros you need to start it off with, which is credited on first top up. I've already had an email to say it's been approved and a card is on its way.

Wish I'd done it sooner, so I could have used it when I booked Ryanair last night - would have saved myself some money! That's inertia for you - I've beeen meaning to get one for ages.

The exchange rate with the CaxtonFX card could be a drawback but will not be as bad as paying a booking fee with Ryanair.

The risk for me of it being lost or stolen isn't as great, as I'm only planning using it for booking Ryanair etc, so I won't top it up until just before I need it. As it can be topped up online, that's not a problem. When not actually being used it will live in the safe with passports etc.