HiFX and Britline

f1steveuk

You're not looking hard enough DD

http://www.nandp.co.uk/mortgages/proving-your-identity

Re the Halifax, as already stated most institutions will happily allow you to continue with existing accounts and certainly I've never heard of anyone being forced to close one when leaving UK.

I have accounts with Lloyds and Nationwide and the only difference is that Lloyds are happy to send mail to me in France, including new or replacement cars, whilst Nationwide will not but are OK with me using my daughters address and even suggested it !

[quote user="AnOther"]You're not looking hard enough DD

http://www.nandp.co.uk/mortgages/proving-your-identity

Re the Halifax, as already stated most institutions will happily allow you to continue with existing accounts and certainly I've never heard of anyone being forced to close one when leaving UK.

I have accounts with Lloyds and Nationwide and the only difference is that Lloyds are happy to send mail to me in France, including new or replacement cars, whilst Nationwide will not but are OK with me using my daughters address and even suggested it !

[/quote]

I'm a bit surprised by this because Nationwide do in fact accept and use our address here in France.  In all innocence I suppose, I told them rather than asked them. A couple of years back I wrote to what had been our local branch and told them that from such and such a date our address would be  here.... . About ten days later I rang through their telephone banking line and said I just needed to confirm that they had our new address  Since then all our statements and replacement cards have come direct to us here.

I must point out that this was an existing Flex Account opened ever before we left UK.

[quote user="suej"]I'm a bit surprised by this because Nationwide do in fact accept and use our address here in France.[/quote]I do not have paper statements but I'm quite clear that they said that they would not not post cards to France, I'll have another word with them although it's no big deal they just go to my daughters address and she sends them on.

DorothyJ: If it's a Visa or Mastercard based debit card then no reason to think otherwise but you can phone and ask them just the same as me [;-)]