USD - GBP Exchange Rates

Alpinemist

Does anyone have knowledge of exchange rate forecasts. looking to convert some USD to GBP and the rate is terrible at the moment. Been following on-line but there seems to be mixed thoughts.

Anyone have an idea what the dollar will do against the pound in the next 2 months?

You might be right. I can't believe the US Government is considering closing its doors tonight due to the budget differences. If anyone knows if the rate is poor because of this please let me know. I can hold on for a while if needs be.

[quote user="Alpinemist"]

Does anyone have knowledge of exchange rate forecasts. looking to convert some USD to GBP and the rate is terrible at the moment. Been following on-line but there seems to be mixed thoughts.

Anyone have an idea what the dollar will do against the pound in the next 2 months?

[/quote]

Fluctuate!

Sorry, Cathy, but nobody knows, not even Moneycorp.  Whatever the rate is now is the combined effect of the opinions of everybody in the market.  If there's anyone who knows better than the market, he won't waste time talking to people like us: he'll be on the phone to dealers, getting rich.

I think it's worth remembering that Moneycorp and their competitors do not make money by forecasting rates.  They make money by providing a transaction service, for a fee (and there's nothing wrong with that).