Hotel in Paris

I may look like a newcomer, but I was denied access for some reason - don't know why.  So, for convenince, I re-registered.

My question is: I'll be spending a few nights with my son in Paris, at the end of March. A bit of culture, a lot of eating, drinking and talking. I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel. One option is Hotel Familia in 5th Arr. If anyone can suggest any other hotels, or areas with lots of hotels/bars/restaurants, I'll be grateful.

Thanks

You could look at the Grand Hotel de Clermont in Montmartre. It's affordable, I stayed there a few times but not for several years now. I used to like Montmartre, nice buzz to it. 

Apparently Edith Piaf lodged in the building that is now the hotel, when she was still unknown.

10 hours ago, ian brodie said:

I may look like a newcomer, but I was denied access for some reason - don't know why.  So, for convenince, I re-registered.

My question is: I'll be spending a few nights with my son in Paris, at the end of March. A bit of culture, a lot of eating, drinking and talking. I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel. One option is Hotel Familia in 5th Arr. If anyone can suggest any other hotels, or areas with lots of hotels/bars/restaurants, I'll be grateful.

Thanks

If I am staying 'in' Paris then I always stay in Montpannase.......I personally think it is the best place to stay in Paris for many reasons. Especially the ones you describe.

I stayed here not so long ago.

http://www.hotel-montparnasse.fr/en/

It is clean, cheap and cheerful.

Are you driving there ?