La Rochelle Airport

Big banners near the military airport on the way into Rochefort announce that the this will be the 'New airport', Rochefort/St Agnant, as from 2005.  Further enquiries confirmed that traffic to La Rochelle will be transferred to the new airport.  We are delighted as this will mean a 25 minute run to pick up family/friends rather than a 45 minute one to La Rochelle.

Sue

Thanks, Pushkin, it's good to know the airport is well-signed. I've tried briefly, and so far unsuccessfully to locate airport around Saint Agnant. My failing memory tells me I used to pass the old air base on the N137, South of town.......is that right? As I shall be taking same route down from La Rochelle when Ryanair flights transfer, any tips for best ' land(ing) approach '?

chouan

Chouan.

You can still come down the N137 from La Rochelle but the E602 to Rochefort is much quicker and bypasses the town centre.  Pick up the D733  for Royan and soon after you come over a rather nice high bridge look for signs for Echillais & Aeroport.Hope this helps you to pinpoint the Airport.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Chouan.

Met a man yesterday whilst walking the dogs who is a Sgt Maj at Rochefort military airport.  He tells us that traffic for the RyanAir flights will be routed as below:

On D733 take exit for Saint Agnant/Aeroport.  At the end of the slip road you turn right.  A couple of miles down this road there is a signpost for Rochefort/St Agnant Airport.  He said that possibly the signs will be made clearer nearer the time.   Hope this helps.

Sue