English book shops

Think there is one in Caen, but may be thats too far for you ?

PS I only know this as I met a friend who told me that her friends had just bought the shop....pure hearsay, I'm afraid

PPS. There is a company called Bibliophile that sell remaindered books, that ship. My husband just got a £25 book for £5 (So if you ever have have a question about Hippo's he is your man !!)

http://www.bibliophilebooks.com/epages/bibliophilebooks.storefront

The 'bookbarn' place doesn't seem to be operating yet, as Lynne says. It's at Madré, just in 53, sort of halfway between Alençon and Domfront. It seems a bit odd, or perhaps it's just a reflection of the number of English speakers in the area, because there is already a-well established English bookshop in Domfront (61). Still, hardly western France as defined by this forum.

[quote]Anyone know of any?[/quote]

If you are ever in Bordeaux there is a splendid bookshop in rue vital carles where you can purchase quite a wide choice of books in English.

Also in our local town the library has at least three or four shelves of books donated by English people. Really it's all about curiosity, once you start looking it's amazing what you can find.

• 2 weeks later...