When next out shopping, please look for BOLD liquid!!

Hi - we have a little problem.

Partner is allergic to many washing powders and the only one I've found which doesn't make him itch is Bold. However, the powder clogs up the greasebox (which he has just spent a couple of hours cleaning and is not a happy bunny!) so I need liquid Bold, which I've never found in France.

So when you are next out shopping in the Charente, Vienne or Deux Sevres, please could you just glance at the rows of wash stuff and if you come across Bold liquid let me know. I don't go over to the UK by car until Christmas and I think he'll need clothes washed before then!

Many thanks......zeb

Hi,

I have the same problem with sensitive skin and am allergic to most detergents. Here in France I have found Dash derma doucer, don't know if it has anything to do with Bold but it is fine for me. It is in tablet form not liquid but I break them up and put them in with the washing which saves all the mess.

Have you tried Chat Sensitive ? It's a liquid and stopped hubby's rash on his chest. Experimented and it really was the answer.

Biological powders always set him off, but wasn't aware they were sold in France. We are newish, and when I asked an assistant and her friends in the local Ecomarche if there was such a thing as biological powder in France they vehemently denied all knowledge of it. Not done. Not sold. Shame really as even though OH ( and daughter also when we lived in England) reacts badly to biological clothes washing products, it is fantastic for cleaning oven shelves with just a 5 minute soak!

Don't know why therefore he should come up in itchy rashes with French products, but he doesn't with Chat Sensitive. I think it is also sold as a powder but haven't tried it.

Isn't Bold a biological powder in England? If it is Dash, then is that biological too?

Thanks all - I will try le Chat and Dash and see what happens.

Gay - it's not the machine which clogs up, it's the fosse greasetrap! Hubby spent yesterday morning unclogging/cleaning it (poo) wearing my brand new Mappa gardening gloves.