RE:Important News If You Live In Gourge

If you live in Gourge or it's surrounding hamlets you may be aware that preliminary planning consent has been granted for 8 wind turbines to be erected in the Gourge area.

I am working closely with the council committee which is opposing this installation - not least because the local marie has "redefined" (without consultation with the community) the green belt zone to enable these wind turbines to be installed in the right areas.

Part of my involvement with the committee is to act as liaison point for all English residents who live in Gourge (and surrounding hamlets) full time, because you have a legal right to be involved with this committee.

Therefore, if you want up-to-date information and to be made aware of the situation as it progresses, please contact me with your email address and I can then personally ensure that you are informed of all developments.

http://www.ventilacteurs.org/

I'm not asking this to cause trouble - maybe it's that I'm just a bit weird ..... but why are you opposing the wind turbines?  I've always thought they look wonderful, I really do!!  (a bit like a modern sculpture - & a lot better looking than some of the "art things" that get ridiculous amounts of money to be "created"!!) & surely they are to produce renewable energy etc.?

I can honestly say that I'd rather have a wind farm behind my house than a great big electric plant or pylons etc.