Grand Prix Automobile Historique de Bressuire

No details published yet, but likely to be on or around that weekend. 

http://www.automobile-club79.com/sommaire.php3

Last year's event was excellent. The highlight for me was the old open wheeler races - mostly old guys with pudding basin helmets and handlebar moustaches.  Whilst the event is classified as a 'demonstration' rather than a race, they were all giving it some..... [:D]

please post if you find the dates ..

do look at the one at Puy though, it's well worth a visit if you're in the area, prob. the same cars as at bressuire the month before, I'll post some pics if I can dig any out.

thanks

John

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I would imagine this is definately on, as the positon markings on the road by Place St Jacques have been repainted, and grandstands, lights and a clock have been erected!

Does anyone know, or post a link to show, what roads the demenstrations are being run on?  Are they just on the roads around Place St Jacques, or do they go further afield?

Leave the starting grid, then down to the mini roundabout at the bike shop.  Hard right, then a blast down towards the railway station, via a straw bale chicane.  Then right at the MACIF building into a short uphill straight past the little restaurant, then right, along the top of the little war memorial square, then left and back up to the Place St Jacques entrance.

Pete Spence and I will be there on Sunday afternoon (racing starts at 2.30pm).  Pete's in a wheelchair, so I had a chat with the marshals this afternoon about access for him.  No problem, they said - there's a disabled parking space right opposite the Place that they're going to keep free for him.  Nice helpful people.....

Keep an eye open for us and say hello - I'll be the tall one looking over the ballustrade and Pete'll be the short one looking through the supports........[:P]

Just realised I hadn't posted to say what a fantastic event this was.  I will certainly plan my trip to Deux Sevres next summer to coincide with this event, assuming it goes ahead next year.

I did look out for people, but it was so busy (and deservedly so), that I wasn't able to spot anyone.

Here are a few pictures that I took.  I may add a few more later on:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=42358&l=e7fbc&id=651857026[/url]

Good day, wasn't it?

That short rain shower during one of the early races (sorry, demonstration runs) slowed things a bit, but for the rest of the time, most of the entrants were giving it some.....

That bird who won her race driving the brown Amilcar had a big grin plastered on from ear to ear....[:D]

During the afternoon, I was stood on the corner of the Chicane de Square watching them come past the station, around the square then up to the chicane by the entrance to Place St Jacques and they were really hammering it going up the hill. 

The english guy in the AC Cobra almost lost it at one point, you could see him taking it alot more steady after the rain!

yes it was good .. the guy in the cobra made a point of spinning the wheels a little each time on the straight .. best bit was the dice between those two 2cv thingies until one went into the bales. Next stop Puy Notre Dame (more bugattis!) at the end of the month.

I did take my camera, but obviously left the memory card in the computer at home... quite hard to take action shots with a phone!

[IMG]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/johnv_photos/Image086.jpg[/IMG]

• 2 weeks later...