STRONG WINDS FORECAST

Saw the Meteo last night and they were predicting strong winds,they were right! They started about 8 am and are now really gusty...will be putting the tv on in a bit to keep up to date.

Missed the 13.00 hrs buletin but decided to look at wanadoo, it is saying Force 12 for Argeles Plage which is the nearest to me, as an ex sailor that does not bode well! 

Hi

meteo France has an orange alert : Mistral & Tramontaine up to 140 km/hr.

I was surprised this morning. We had a bit of breeze here, then I drove to Nimes and it was blowing like crazy over there.

Interestingly my dept (34) wasn't included in the meteo warning, but all around us were.

Peter

If Quillan reads this will he please tell us whether he is suffering from wind, and if so how bad it is.

Before we last left Quirbajou, I sheeted the wood pile as best I could and I just wonder whether Mrs Opas is going to find my bâche in her front garden.

Oh Yes Please Pip rob, it is freezing here, well about 6 degrees, which is too cold for me.

it has been very windy and has blown my satelite off its ,well degrees and mins(not of the chimney though!)

Plus side being I have watched Bergerac and a circus on french Tv and done loads of boring washing.

Have a sea view from the roof terrace and It looks decidedly lumpy today, will watch TF3 around 8pm here to see if there is any change.

To look out of the window this afternoon was very deceptive,it could have been a summers day, blue sky and no clouds to be seen.

Regards Mrs O

Didn't get anything forcibly removed by the wind, but spooky little dusty tornados were blowing up around Aigues Mortes ce soir.  

Washing is flapping around so wildly it keeps on triggering the security light outside.   It's been on and off like a hoor's knickers all night.

Hmm

Well meteo France said it would all be over by midday today. Wrong.

If anything, it started to get worse at midday today.

I've just taken the dog out for a walk, and it is probably the strongest wind I've experienced here in 5 years.

Temp is 9C, with wind chill much less !

Rather glad I'll be in Scotland tomorrow night

Peter

"Rather glad I'll be in Scotland tomorrow".

Must be a first for Living France!

You asked elsewhere about the Salinelles bypass, that's a new one on me too, it's  long time since oi been up there, we went to Chez Lili to eat, and my neighbour still had all his fingers, he lost them last Fete de la Musique, and there's a lot can happen in 9 months.

But have you seen they've cut down that stretch of trees as you join the Baillargues-Mauguio road from St Brès?   I'm not a fan of trees, but they were lovely, looked like an impressionist painting.  I hope they're not building even more houses for the 1200 peasants a month moving into Montpellier.

And the IKEA is delayed yet again for another few months.

Have a good Scottish experience, I hear it's a lovely place.   It's somewhere near England, isn't it? 

It seems very eerie thais morning, it is that quiet after listening to the wind and trees all day yeesterday, lets hope its gone and not the calm before the storm!

On TF3 (I think) last night there were some quite horific pictures of property damage and HUGE trees blown over,with the Sapiers pompiers cutting them up......I wonder if they return today to collect them for next years wood stash!