Hello

I'm a long time lurker and have found a lot of the information on this forum invaluable, but I now I need some help!

Does anyone know where I can buy bagels in Languedoc?  I've trawled the supermarkets and searched online but I simply can't find anywhere that supplies them.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Best regards

Sam 

You will probably have to make them - should find a good recipe on the net - I have made them, it is a form of boiled bread hence the dense texture.

If you are talking about the rubbish that has all sorts of obscene stuff in - apple, onion, sorry I cannot go on - you will have to realise that they are just made up recipes which have probably  not even been boiled.

Mmmmm, mouth watering, now is is lox, chopped herring or simply chopped hardboiled egg and onion that I need to complete the dream - nope - I will have mine with the lot - one of each (now you know where some of my bulges come from).

A "bagel" is a "beigel" for someone what was not brought up proper.

Agree with saddie - our colonial cousins usually speak and write a different language. A beigel hails from E Europe, the adulterated mis-spelt version from the US.

John

not

I had the same craving. That is the one thing I really miss when in France (not to mention english Maltesers). I know it is not in this region but if anyone knows where to buy them in the Sarlat area in Dordogne, I would love to know. By the way I do love the onion ones with egg and onion mayonnaise.  Been back a week and have had it every morning so far to make up for the three months in France I had to do without.

• 3 weeks later...
Just browsing through and saw the picture of Brick Lane. Oh happy days, out clubbing and then a visit to Brick Lane for a late night, or more to the point early morning, snack on the way home. Also used to get them on Sunday morning and eat them going round the market.