Time in Paris

bixy

We're off to spend a few days in Paris in March. We will definitely go to the Musee d'Orsay to see the Impressionists - but one museum is enough. I would welcome suggestions for what else we might do - not the usual Eiffel tower, Notre Dame but more imaginative - particularly outside things. Any ideas?

Patrick

I was thinking of the Montparnasse cemetry which houses many famous people. But one is probably enough, so I'll say go up the Tour Montparnasse instead. As good a view from the top as the Eiffel Tower, but under cover, in the warm, and without the hordes of tourists. And do take a boat on the Seine, it's not difficult to avoid the masses if you get the right ones.

I too am off to Paris in March - are you running the marathon? or semi-marathon?

I'm reading "A moveable Feast" by Ernest Hemmingway to get in the mood (for Paris, not running!)- - think I may retrace a few of his haunts.  Bon vayage.

If you have the time to use the river to get to places of interest then the BATOBUS can be an interesting way to see Paris  the day ticket is 12E I think and you get on and off the BATOBUS  as you want ....I found  nicer than up and down the Metro ....they have a web site ...