2012 Tax Return

Frailer

I have a state pension, as does my wife. I also have a private pension. I entered the amounts in form 2042 in 1AS and 1BS. I was advised in my Tax return guide to enter a phrase which exonerates these amounts from social charges but the phrasing in the guide is a little confusing as it states old age pensions are generally exempt from social charges. It does not say that private pensions are exempt also. If the private pension is not exempt, where on the form 2042 do I put the separate totals of the state pensions and the private pension?

I also have a problem with form 2047. On the printed form there are 3 sections under Revenus des valeurs et captitaux mobiliers et revenus assimiles. Section 1, Section 2 and A, and Section 2 and B. I would normally put my UK bank interest in Section B Autres revenus de valeurs mobilieres et revenus assimiles on Line A and Line TS. On the Gov. website Section B does not appear on the form 2047. Have they changed this form or am I calling up the wrong form. I have tried all the forms available but cannot find one with Section B on it.

Would be most grateful if anyone can shed some light on these problems.

Thank you.

Social charges are payable if you are covered by the French for health assurance, but not if you are under an S1 form as a person in receipt of an OAP fom the UK would normally be.

I am afraid I have only looked at the printed forms for the  moment. I always do them first in pencil before attacking the online version.

Have you filled in online before? As I remember you have to indicate at the very beginning of the process if you will need any form other than 2042..

[quote user="NormanH"]Social charges are payable if you are covered by the French for health assurance, but not if you are under an S1 form as a person in receipt of an OAP fom the UK would normally be.[/quote]

So are you liable for social charges if you are in receipt of a private pension,not covered by an S1(too young) and paying a private health insurance(not been in France long enough to be eligable to cover)? There seem to be so many permutations-as in any tax system. And do you have to indicate on your form anywhere if you have private health cover and don't rely on France/UK paying your costs?

[quote user="Mac"][quote user="NormanH"]Social charges are payable if you are covered by the French for health assurance, but not if you are under an S1 form as a person in receipt of an OAP fom the UK would normally be.[/quote]

So are you liable for social charges if you are in receipt of a private pension,not covered by an S1(too young) and paying a private health insurance(not been in France long enough to be eligable to cover)? There seem to be so many permutations-as in any tax system. And do you have to indicate on your form anywhere if you have private health cover and don't rely on France/UK paying your costs?[/quote]

Hi,

You could write in on form 2047 sec VIII  and alongside box 1AS on 2042 -"titulaire d'assurance maladie privée complete, exempt de CSG et CRDS sur revenus de remplacement"-and enclose a copy of your insurance certificate.   You may well have to argue this with the tax office.