Declaring foreign bank accounts

richyrich2

I agree it looks from the warning which comes up as soon as you go to the page headed Divers and that you have quoted in your last post that 8TT is the place to cross for Assurance vies. However if you close that panel and click on Notice you then get the text that I gave earlier on. Still no matter as we seem to be all agreed on this. I checked back on-line and found the note I left about the Assurance vie Lombard Bond in 2007 but unlike notes on having an E121(S1) put there last year it was not carried forward to this years declaration and indeed not for any year after 2007. Maybe they have only recently started doing that...............................JR

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a point of interest:  we have just filed our tax return online and having put a cross in Box UU (as always) we could not end the process until we had actually added a form 3916. In the past we have always sent a separate letter (as someone else said earlier in this thread).

We got over this by just filling in, on the first available line, that we would be delivering a letter! No need to actually fill in the form which is a ridiculous form anyway. All you need to do is to select it as a form to be filled in.

So have we now despite the loss of both the phone and the internet from time to time from last Sunday to today. If you have a phone tied to an SFR box and the line has a fault both the phone and the internet stop working and contact is impossible. Our portable which only works chez-nous if I stand on a bench in the garden holding the portable over my head, is usless on dialing SFR and Orange/FT contact numbers as all you get is a ruddy robot, which I suspect is sourced by the phone company, and therefore I suspect that the portable phone company block calls to their competitors on numbers with a 10 in front which falls into the band of dirty tricks I reckon! Got through to SFR via the modem today and they fiddled with something, probably boosted the sub-carrier or what ever, and the internet and phone now work but I suspect will fail as soon as the rain returns as only reading a variable d.c. of 17 to 20 volts across the line, should be 48 to 50 volts, which would indicate a leakage between the wires somewhere down the road. Tried to explain this to SFR but not interested as the phone and net currently work! 

Anyway the result is that we have done the declaration but due to the system crashing a few times there are multiple copies of the three forms on their site which I cannot delete. The forms are time stamped so all well be well as long as they look at the last three sent. Totally fed up now and will go and sulk in the corner! I hate them all, poo!.........................JR

PS Should say that in fairness to FT/Orange/SFR two blokes turned up in a cherry picker today and replaced the junction box in the road outside of our house one week after a I reported the fault. The box was covered in moss and really yucky inside so hope all has been sorted now!