We have recently purchased a house near Josselin (56) We need to purchase 3 beds and bed linen, would rather buy these in France. Has anyone had experience of buying these items, can you recommend any shops and, if possible, where, as the novelty of sleeping on floor boards is beginning to wear off!!   hrm2

Have you tried a store that sells beds? I am sure they have them in Brittany?

I love beds, they are really handy and have so many uses! you can sleep on it, use it as a trampoline, breed mice in them, make babies on them, have babies on them, use it as a nuclear shelter, wee in it, you can play with your cat for hours in comfort on a good Slumberland, I even used a matress as a hat for my nieces wedding! I personally love to cook in my bed, I did a lovely hotpot during the week! The list is endless.

I hope you find that elusive bed Mrs hrm, and have as many happy hours in it as I do in mine!

You have struck the nub, hairypants, a shop that sells beds.

We bought ours at But (Vannes, Pontivy, Lorient,Redon, St Nazaire), Pontivy seems to be nearest to Josselin, you could also try Conforama (Vannes). There are a couple of places listed in Pages Jaunes for 56. Most towns seem to have places in the out-of-town shopping centres.

Beds abound in Brittany. I've never seen so many people who sell them and even in our small town there is plenty of choice from the large expensive furniture stores to cheap BUT. Take my advice and invest in a good quality bed and mattress,you spend an awful lot of time in it and a bad bed = an aching bod next day.

We have bought and been happy with the stuff we have bought at Fly or Atlas

http://www.flymeubles.com/ or http://www.atlas-meubles.tm.fr/

They both have lists of where you can find their nearest shop to you.

Mind you many are waiting with baited breath for IKEA's eventual move to Rennes, supposedly late this year. Me, I shall go to simply see if the meat balls are as good as those in the store at Wembley

[quote]We have recently purchased a house near Josselin (56) We need to purchase 3 beds and bed linen, would rather buy these in France. Has anyone had experience of buying these items, can you recommend any...[/quote]

As Val said, a bed is no place to 'cut-corners'! We have 'Dunlopillo' mattresses we bought here and they are the best we have ever had including the US & UK. We used 36" single beds pushed together and made up with king-size linen. That way we have our own beds and yet sleep together.

[quote]Have you tried a store that sells beds? I am sure they have them in Brittany? I love beds, they are really handy and have so many uses! you can sleep on it, use it as a trampoline, breed mice in them...[/quote]

Blige me Furryknickers, stands back in amazement, beds, here in France.  Ah but what about electricity and other up to date stuff like that surely its only the UK where you get it via a cable direct to your house

weedon

• 3 weeks later...

IKEA france now have an easy on line ordering service via

[email protected] <[email protected]>

You can also ring them and get an english speaking very helpful person who will take credit card details etc.  I found them very quick to respond and explain anything about the products - we are buying beds.  They say they can deliver in 3 weeks time when we are over there - I'll let you know how it turns out.  Much better than going to the store (I think) and france version seems more customer focussed.

I hired a van at Super U and went to IKEA in Nantes.  Both OH and I are tall and guess who takes up all the bed....  Nice 1,60 by 2m.  I wanted two singles but he cried.

We will have to meet up when the Rennes store finally opens Miki....you can pay!

Which side of Rennes is it on?  Do you know?

Hi Alexis,

No problems, the meat balls are on me !!

I have heard 3 places so far, La Mezière, The areas around the cinema centre just up the road from St Gregoire and someone said Pacé, take your pick !!