Im so excited and I just cant help it

Just wanted to say it on paper!  4 days to go before we pack up our trailer and spend our very first night in our house in Ploubalay. We have owned it since we married in 2002 and it is finally finished and absolutely LUSH.  I Love it I love it and I cant wait to be in it, though on arrival we have to : tile a floor, lay an oak floor, paint every wall, varnish said floors,fit a sink and hang all the curtains, varnish 2 staircases,fit the lights and a squillion other things. But, its renovated, its lovelly and I cant wait to get in it.  Just had to tell someone, anyone.  All I hope is I get a seasick free crossing on the good old Bretagne which we have been sailing on since 2002 on a monthly basis, even our honeymoon began on there, I have thrown up on that ship so much it feels like home![+o(]

Thanx for listening to my ranting, its the Welsh in me it gets far too excited for my own good[:D]

[quote user="saffy"]

Thanx for listening to my ranting, its the Welsh in me it gets far too excited for my own good[:D]

[/quote]

LOL where have we heard that before?[:D]

Saffy, I've been here three years and my house is still lacking some of the things on your list. Have fun doing them, or not doing them![:)]

Saffy,

I bet you have eaten many times in Café Piquet (Café des Sports) the PMU bar in Ploubalay ?

We were there on Tuesday and the place was, as ever, heaving at lunchtime, really good value but don't tell anyone  [;-)]

Always liked Ploubalay, small town with almost everything you want and just a few minutes from the sea.

P.S  Off to Swansea (then the south) for a few days ourselves on the 16th October...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Saffy,

SNAP!!  We made the move on the 16th Oct.  We have owned our house just outside Frevent in the Pas de Calais since Dec 2003.  Still feels as though we are on holiday, the reality being we can't go back!  but then who wants to?  Good luck.  Take your time over your chores - you have all the time in the world and with the french way of life you will not be able to rush.

Suey

[:D]

Hi dunroamin,

Whereabouts in kent?  We have just moved here from East Kent but have kept a bungalow over there to rent out to a friend,  as you say "keep a toe in Kent"!

Two weeks in and it still feels like a holiday (hard working holiday decorating, gardening, etc. etc.).

Suey

[quote user="sueyh"]

...We have owned our house just outside Frevent in the Pas de Calais since Dec 2003.  ...

[/quote]

Hi Suey,

Lucky you!  You must be somewhere near my all-time favourite garden of Séricourt!?

Can you tell  me if there is a good market-day in Frévent?  It always looks as if it has such potential.

Angela