Anyone else not yet received Foncières Avis?

nomoss

We're still waiting for this year's Avis for this, our "new" house.

It was sent to our old address in 2011 and 2012, but there is no sign of it there this year.

It has never appeared on our espaces personnels on impots.gouv.fr. , probably because it uses a different numéro fiscal to identify me. 

We moved here in March 2012, advised the new address on our tax return last year, since when all other correspondence from the fisc has been sent here.

We have done all that seems necessary to advise our new address, but are we obliged to chase up tax demands we don't get?

We were in the same situation as you for a couple of years.  According to French friends, you sit on your hands and do nothing.  They tell us that if money/tax is due, the authorities will be in touch.

In the absence of contact, you do not volunteer to pay and you act dumb.

Not sure if that's the correct procedure but, allegedly, that's what a French person would do.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Well what do you know, I was just reading this and my Foncières Avis drops in the letterbox. I suppose you should always be careful what you wish for.  The good news is that it hasn't gone up much since last year - mind you, last year's was quite a hike on the year before.[/quote]

Ditto, Pierre. Last year it went up by a large amount, so my husband budgeted for 750€, and the bill, which arrived in England last week and was shown to us during a skype session with our son, was under that amount - another glass of gris coming up to celebrate!  [:)]

Ours in Charente Maritime has had quite a hike but the one here in the Dordogne has actually gone down.  The strange thing is, we were expecting the Dordogne one to go UP as we have been reorganised into a bigger commune.

It seems that ours is not to question why, ours is to pay up and die (eventually)...sorry for the paraphrase!