yes i know it's a shallow request but i have limited space in the car and would love the kids to be able to see out the windows.This weather in the UK is confusing me- is it as bleak in Normandy? - one day the woolies are out the next day the shorts. I have resigned myself to a summer in the Orne with a pac a mac and Wellies but a glimmer of hope would be nice ,we love to visit the local pool for a little bit of a sunbathe. We will just be happy to be there but does anyone know the long range forecast for the rest of August? - maybe i had just better order the logs now !!

thankyou to you all

thankyou so much - sunshine might be arriving- that'll keep the kids happy !!! and if it isn't accurate i will have to unwrap my new harry potter book that is sitting waiting on the side. i think i'll use your websites from now on as the weather seems better than on le meteo and i refuse to believe that summer will not arrive at some point- typical me i will only listen to the weather that i want to arrive- i'll be sat by the lake or pool in my pac a mac forcing the kids to go in no matter how cold it is - this is Summer you know !!!!

thank you again

Nikki

I would pack jumpers and long trousers for definate and some teeshirts and shorts just in case. We are a long way further west than you and it was hot yesterday but today its cooler and very windy with a lot more rain forecast for the channel coast all the way upto Calais again. Don't forget the waterproofs as well. There is no way now we are going to get high temperatures as it is far too late in the season, summer finishes here August 15th in Brittany.

hi lemage

Like you I am packing for the summer in france and have my new harry potter packed ready for a relaxing read, we are travelling to the vendee so like you we are lookin forward to abit more summer sun.   Have a good holiday  knowing I was getting away from England for 5 weeks has kept me going this term and in this awful weather  living north of Oxford we have had our share in the last few weeks. 

Have fun

J

greece- that sounds good but unfortunately the budget won't stretch.

The next trauma after the weather will be has MMe Fouine that has taken up residence in the loft evacuated!! let's hope so otherwise the smell after 6 weeks away will be awful let alone the damage she may have done- oh well we'll see when we arrive on Sunday