Help! - landfill site near Lonlay L'abbaye?

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about this? I have found a lovely house to buy just outside Lonlay l'abbaye and have just been informed that they might be putting in a landfill site!! Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I am told by someone who lives in Lonlaye that there is a great deal of opposition to this from residents and the hunting & fishing brigade giving rise to a huge uproar that will surely not be ignored.   He says that it is unlikely that this will go through and if it does there will be even more trouble.

Manche wants to put the landfill in at St. Georges de Rouilly and has approved this, yet its right nextdoor to a beauty spot at Fosse D'Artours, spreading out towards Lonlaye which is 2/3 into the Orne who have understandably rejected this idea totally.  So now we have this landfill site running alongside the proposals Manche have to run the power pylons through, which means their Green Credentials have effectively been blown to pieces and they are looking very embarrrassed in front of the rest of France.

Personally in the light of this I would check any potential property purchase on the map in comparison with this site for the landfill, but the battle to repel the boarders is looking very much in favour of the Antis so it could be that the whole thing will quietly vanish and Manche will retire to lick their wounds after a sound batterring from The People.

Good luck!!