New forum for people living in Normandy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes, it was "under maintenance" for some weeks, came back briefly with no explanation about why it had been down, and has now disappeared altogether. As the site's prime purpose seems to be holiday rentals, a non-functioning site doesn't bode too well for the advertisers, though I do understand they are all on free offers at present.

Jolly good.  I tentatively defended them on this forum when there was a suggestion that someone was promoting them for commercial reasons, but then when I contacted them to ask if there was a possibility for inclusion (being close to Alençon though technically in the Sarthe by 2km) never got the courtesy of a reply - not even a polite "Sorry, no can do". 

Stuff 'em! Any one want a sour grape?  [:P]

It appears they have fallen out with their web master who is busy emailing everyone on the database.

I am glad I steered clear of it. I feel sorry for all those genuine advertisers and forum users who will probably now see an increase in unwanted emails.

I got an e-mail from the webmaster and agreed to "stay on".  I could not see any problem in that. I would welcome another "Normandy" forum which is perhaps a bit more interesting than the very "zero tolerant" one.

Well, all I get is still -

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 Server at www.choosenormandy.com Port 80

There is plenty of tolerance and no similar in-fighting at the original Normandy forum, though it could do with more posts - not sure which one you are talking about.

Will, I think the webmaster is working on the new forum at the moment and he sent the e-mail to see how many wanted to stay on.

I was referring to Anglo |Info, which has become very much a "Trading place" rather than a forum for discussing things, I think everybody is afraid of being "rubbed out"! Which is the forum you are talking about? 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="oscar"]They've had some nasty problems with their webmaster but now they're back up and running.[/quote]

Two sides to the story? If the problem involved non payment of  bills, I too would feel agrieved. The (ex)webmasters new site is here: www.normandyforum.com with forum postings going back to March. You can read his account there.

• 2 weeks later...

Monika.   AI wipe out all sorts of posts for reasons that only they understand.   I had two removed yesterday - neither were  rude, offensive or confrontational yet they were whipped off overnight and I have no idea why.    I have tried asking what are their criteria for removing posts that to me are harmless inoffensive yet they don't even bother replying so nobody is any the wiser, but by the same token they leave on other posts which actually ARE rude and sarcastic to others.   A case of double-standards operating I assume.