weather forecast this weekend

Has anyone an idea what the weather is forecast to be in the Creuse this weekend? All the internet forecasts are giving conflicting advice, some say sunny and others say black clouds and thunderstorms. Perhaps somone has seen an "official forecast on the telly perhaps?Many thanks.[:D]

[quote user="parsac23"]Has anyone an idea what the weather is forecast to be in the Creuse this weekend? All the internet forecasts are giving conflicting advice, some say sunny and others say black clouds and thunderstorms. Perhaps somone has seen an "official forecast on the telly perhaps?Many thanks.[:D][/quote]

Does anyone get the forecast correct? Anyway the official French forecasts are provided by Meteo France and if you click on this link it will provide the forecast for Creuse.http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/mameteo/prevDept.jsp?LIEUID=DEPT23

Baz

the concensus seems to be very hot, with the chance of thunderstorms late afternoon/evening in the 'mountains' of the plateau de mille vaches, occasionaly extending down the valleys.

Bleu Limousin radio station seems to get it right for us (Limoges side of Eymoutiers) but the TV and internet often don't agree and are all wrong!

I find French forecasts generally right, especially those from the local-type papers.

The worst are UK forecasts, from the metoffice: WRONG for us on Humberside nearly every day. They only seem to care about the south east, a bit like the BBC: if it's not happening to London, it's not happening.

Our local metoffice forecast is updated to match whatever's happening, quite regularly!

Alcazar

[quote user="Alcazar"]

I find French forecasts generally right, especially those from the local-type papers.

The worst are UK forecasts, from the metoffice: WRONG for us on Humberside nearly every day. They only seem to care about the south east, a bit like the BBC: if it's not happening to London, it's not happening.

Our local metoffice forecast is updated to match whatever's happening, quite regularly!

Alcazar

[/quote]

We find the French forecasts for this area pretty good too, and I agree about the BBC - we lived in Norfolk and BBC East kept telling us what was happening in Royston and Luton etc, since when were they in the East of England? It is like the mind set of those living in the South East - everything stops at Watford [;-)]

You should try living in Northern Ireland!!  The weather men (& women), on BBC & ITV are always summing up the forcast with something along the lines of - "it's going to be wall to wall sunshine, with a heat wave, all week" - & when you look at the map, the whole of NI is covered in grey cloud & lucky to even hit 20 degrees!!  They only talk about the mainland & ignore us!! [:-))]

Ali@ards: Now that's NOT true. The morning forecasts on BBC between 0600 and 0900 almost always include specifics for Northern Ireland, the weather lass even gets out of the way of the picture so we can see where it is, if we don't already know[;-)]

The bit that gets my goat is that awful gasping Scottish weather lass, Carol Kirkwood, who refers to Northern Ireland as "Northern Orr-lind"

Nelson: [:P][:P][:P][:P]

Alcazar:D

I must admit -Norn Iron is always mentioned - but it's the general summing up, at the end, that seems to exclude us!! [:D]  Talking about knowing where it is - did you see "That'll Teach 'em" where the kids were asked where Northern Ireland was & one kid pointed to Scotland!!  [:-))]