CONCRETE PUMPING MACHINE

Hi everybody, really boring question sorry, has anybody come across a concrete pumping machine company, the ones that are used to fill foundations please, we got to put a ring beam in and will be needing one thanks.    Not hopeful, still haven,t managed to locate someone with  Jcb as yet, they seem to be a like rocking horse s.... as they say.Loads of work to do on house, managed to purchase a finger mower, real boys toy that is .Thanks

Thanks. will need a fair old bit, as going right round the top in a wooden mould, have taken into account cost i hope as is the main part of construction

Here in the UK its expensive as well. but this time it has to be pumped across the building

Hope i manage to get oen Wish me luck  thanks

If you find one closeby, take a photo of the site in to them when you order so they have a rough idea whether it's doable (is that a word?). Friends ordered some for a barn floor but the lorry couldn't get into their gateway!

I had a full scale interogation from local ready mixed company when I turned up book 5 cubic metres of ready mixed. Told them the gates were 4 metres wide and that I wanted retarderuer and fibre de verre. They asked me how the form work was being set out and how we were going to spread it in the time.  

We had 7 cubic meters delivered for our garden and would advise anyone to pay the extra for the *tapis* otherwise they just dump in where they can and you have to spread it before it sets, not easy, we had the tapis and it got *aimed* in little piles as people spreaded it round, it does dry fantastically quickly so make sure you explain to the company exactly what you want it for and maybe ask for it to be extra wet if it's going to be a hot day or its going to take a while to spread.  We had sprinklers on ours as it was being spread and levelled and it still dried v quickly, although was late july.

Look in Yellow pages as suggested, I phoned 3 or 4 companies although actually it all came from the one main supplier and then was farmed out to individuals, I went with the main supplier in the end to get a decent delivery time.

We have just been quoted 2500euros to concrete the garage/cellier floor of our new house. 

Encaissement                     Quantity 29.60     547.60Euros

Sable                                       ""     29.60     455.84Euros

Polyane                                    ""     29.60      74.00Euros

Beton type BAN                      ""     29.60       970.88Euros

Plus tax

Does this look reasonable to you guys?    

I know this should include someone actually doing the physical work as well - at least I hope so.

Our local builders merchant sells builders sand at 15euros per ton.[8-)]

I don't think they'd all be the same if it was tonnes. If you excavate x tonnes, I don't think you replace it with x tonnes of sand and x tonnes of beton on x tonnes of liner. Of course, I could be wrong. As Harry Enfield says ..."Women, know your limits". I'm going to lie down and  think about kittens for a bit now, and then I shall make some fairy cakes..................[;-)]

[quote user="catalpa"]Harley - we've probably got some figures somewhere so we can give you a comparison. What is the square metre-age you're covering?
[/quote]

They have made such a ruddy mess in the garage (broken tiles, blocks and readmix leftovers and all thoroughly uneven) I don't know how they have managed to calculate how much they will need - I certainly couldn't - I'm a woman - I know "my limits"[:P]  It would take a man to make that sort of calculation and then I'm sure he'd over-estimate[:-))].  Only joking guys[kiss]

I don't want to find myself paying for someone else's garage floor too - no surely not.........................[;-)]

We had two quotes last November and they were within 50 euros

of each other so we assume the price was the “going rate” or close.

This price was per metre for 120 sq metres of floor and was

after digging out of floor was complete; all prices are HT:

> Compacting soil = 1.66 euros / sq metre

> 15cm stone laid, compacted and then sand laid on top

(3cm) = 12.86 euros / sq m

> Polytythene membrane + reinforcing mesh + 10cm – ish

concrete  = 33.55 euros / sq metre

So, your concrete and poly figure is pretty much the same as

ours and as my builder husband just said, concrete is very energy-greedy to

make. With the increase in energy costs over the past 9 months, it wouldn’t be

unreasonable to see a higher concrete cost indicating yours is an acceptable

price. Assuming ours was. [:P]

Then we had maybe triple the area to cover so our fixed overheads –

the delivery cost for eg – was spread out over 120 sq metres not 30 which

brings our unit price down. TOH thinks you’ve got a reasonable price there

which isn’t to say it couldn’t be bettered but on the basis of what we paid in

the same region last November, it doesn’t appear you’re being ripped off.

FY(or anyone else's)I, we’ve also had ordinary readymix concrete (to fill a

wall):

7 cu metres @ 107.85 per cu metre, HT.

That was from Pigeon / Laine in St Hilaire.

If anyone else wants to discuss concrete, I'm ready and waiting.[8-|][:D]

[quote user="Me0wp00"]We had 7 cubic meters delivered for our garden and would advise anyone to pay the extra for the *tapis* otherwise they just dump in where they can and you have to spread it before it sets, not easy, we had the tapis and it got *aimed* in little piles as people spreaded it round, it does dry fantastically quickly so make sure you explain to the company exactly what you want it for and maybe ask for it to be extra wet if it's going to be a hot day or its going to take a while to spread.  We had sprinklers on ours as it was being spread and levelled and it still dried v quickly, although was late july.
Look in Yellow pages as suggested, I phoned 3 or 4 companies although actually it all came from the one main supplier and then was farmed out to individuals, I went with the main supplier in the end to get a decent delivery time.
[/quote]

This was in complete contrast to our experience. The driver could not have been more helpful. However both me and my mate came close to ejecting him from the cab because he would/could  not get closer than 30 cm to a wall. It was about 31 degrees when it was deliverred but had a lot of retardeurer in it.