book swops

Just noticed another area asking whether any book swops and my wife buys a new book per week as especially in this wet winter getting into the garden is difficult.!!

We live 30 miles south of Limoges and have 300 to swop.

O[geek]ther than that perhaps  will have to try at our next attic sale.

• 1 month later...
Hi where are you located, we would be interested in maybe buying some of the books off you if they are the kind we read, sorry we keep all ours and don't swap them, creatures of habit i think have been brought up to cherish books  

excellent idea and i've emailed them to see if they can add an *international* swoppers section.

or perhaps I could talk to DH about putting something similar up, I sell books via amazon but I'd much rather swop.

pippa

FOR INFORMATON -Books have generally been read once or twice and as new condition-mainly novels by top authors such as dan brown,harlen coben,john connelly,patricia cornwall,kate flynn,john grisham,p.d.james,faye kellerman,stephen king,robert ludlum,peter mayle,james patterson,ian rankin,ruth rendell,robert ryan,anita sherve,joanna trollope,minette walters.etc written in last 4years.

With the number of people now residing in France who might wish to read books written in English I think there is potential for a book exchange of the sort operating in UK. I would certainly join up.

I'm sure they already exist but are often fairly localiased and known of by word of mouth.

I know there is one near Cazals in Lot for instance but I don't have the details to hand.

With the number and diversity of books we have lugged down to France we're contemplating opening one ourselves....!

the reply from swop it

We've had quite a few requests for a French site. It's something that

we'll certainly look at because at the moment we're reviewing a host of

potential developments - money-willing!!

Thanks for getting in touch and I hope that we'll be able to create a French site in the near future.

You can always come to our bookshop in Saint Yrieix La Perche. We do not do swap but have a large selection of new and second-hand books for sell at reasonable prices. I take it I cannot advertise details of our shop on here so you'll have to pm me for details

Sophie 

The Auberge de l'etrier in Beyssac has  a "read and return" bookshelf in the bar.

This summer I hope I will find time to catalogue some of my books and want to start up a kind of "read and return/swap" library.  Once I've done the cataloging, if anyone is interested, I can e-mail the list and perhaps do a kind of lending library on-line.

I'm in Arnac Pompadour, so not that far from Coussac Boneval or St Yrieux.

Anyone interested in that?

Jan

already catalogued my wife's only problem is i have not got them all in alphabetical order on the sheves-next job on a wet day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do want to see my list if so we can send it to you in your private mail box.

For anyone else who might be interested, me and Ab have now catalogued our books and are ready to lend them out.  I can send a PM of my list to anyone who wants to look through it.

Mine is definately a Read and Return book list, as I would like them back for visitors to read.  So if you are around the Arnac Pompadour area, the Lending Library is open.

If you have any books you want to get rid of, let me know and I can add them to the list.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been for a BBQ at friends and she gave me a letter about a "Paperback Book Swap".

Sounds good to me.  Here's how it goes (and it will need someone to start it off on this forum - best to use PM).

Please send a used paperback to the first name on the list.  Then re-do the list by:

1. Removing the name currently at No. 1
  2. Move the name currently at No. 2 to the No.1 position
  3. Write your name and address as No. 2

There should only be 2 names on the list at any one time.  Send a copy of the new list and a photocopy of this letter to 6 of your friends who enjoy reading.

If you can't participate within 10 days, please let me know (No. 2 on the list) to be fair to other participants.

You should receive 36 books for the price of one that you have already purchased and read.

Anyone want to join in.

Jan

On Saturday 21 July we shall be holding another book-swap. We have over 100 books for you to browse through. It'll be after lunch starting at approximately 2pm to perhaps 6pm-ish, when we'll need to take Willie (our Breton spaniel) for a walk.

It's lovely to meet old and new friends and have a cuppa or glass of something and perhaps nibble on home-made cake over a natter.

You can also amuse yourself watching our four geese - if they're awake - doing their underwater swimming sessions in their pond.

We are in Creuse, approx 6kms south of Cressat and 2kms north of Moutier D'Ahun and easily found from either the N145 or the D942 between Guéret and Lavaveix.

Contact me for directions and telephone number if you are interested. 

Goose and OH