Bloo*y school buses

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="andyh4"] As Chancer suggests just an attempt by a stupid lawyer to get his client off or at least spread the blame.[/quote]

Yes, that is my opinion, its not for or against anyone, its my opinion of a stupid lawyer, his nationality does not come into it other then such insensitive and stupid media comments are frequently trotted out in this country, he may not even be French, its not a pre-requisite.

Whether the driver could have braked earlier or not would have made no difference to the tragic outcome, the human eye cannot define and obstacle at a great enough distance to bring a train to a safe halt, its why they have super load klaxons.

If pedestrian crossings all had CCTV and the images were transmitted to the driver (the technology exists) and his responsability was to ensure that the passage was clear beforehand while there was still braking distance it may avoide a tragedy involving a broken down vehicle but would do nothing for those who commit suicide or manslaughter.

As I previously wrote:

As Chancer suggests just an attempt by a stupid lawyer to get his client off or at least spread the blame.

Let's not forget that this is his job - to get his client off, or to be treated as leniently as possible. So maybe not stupid, but just clutching at straws - of which he may be running out.

ALBF wrote:

"...............People want to know what happened"

Why do YOU want to know ?

I want to know because if there are systemic issues - either with SNCF (which at the moment I doubt), or with bus operators and their recruiting, or their employees - then to have knowledge is to see if those same problems apply locally.

Everyone can make a mistake, the issue is what systems are in place to minimise those mistakes and their impact.

I think it may also be raising awareness in the normally indifferent majority of the French public that there are many, often inexpensive. ways of safeguarding people using public transport.

Also, that it is criminal not to have CCTV on level crossings, in locomotives, and buses to record what happens. It would obviously discourage people from doing careless things if they knew their actions were being recorded.