HEY MR POTATO HEAD

vickybear

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one's a bit too far away for a day trip! 

There's a large roadside garden full of massive painted concrete animals on the N138 south of Alençon before you get to Le Mans - can't remember which village offhand (Beaumont?) - giraffes hippos, ostriches, all sorts.  The bloke who made them died years ago but a society has got together to restore his creations.  Next time I'm down that way I'll try to remember to take the camera with me and post some photos - they're very original!

[quote user="Cassis"]Here is the artist as a young man.

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/sausage.jpg[/IMG]

It's an original Picassis.
[/quote]

and I thought I had too much time on my hands [:P]

You could be right, Viv.  I took a day off from rendering (walls, not meat carcasses) and just pottered about and did this for laughs.  Jude says she's getting worried about me and the influence participating in this forum may be having on me.  Maybe I should take time out and I might get something more useful done.  Ho hum, let's aim for two barrows of mortar tomorrow.

[quote user="Cassis"]Can you imagine how wrecked I was on Xmas Day to stumble across this and think it would be a good idea to start posting? 
[/quote]

Yeah, well... that explains Christmas day... it doesn't explain the subsequent six months...[:-))][:D]

Bit late tonight - rather busy.  Quick post - here's today's effort.  Some way back someone asked for 'The Scream'.  Jude wouldn't let me back in the house after working on the wall (I was a bit messy) so I couldn't get a photo off the web for Mr. Munch's masterpiece (couldn't be bothered to shower, change etc. which were the only conditions Jude would accept).  Here's what it ended up as from memory.  I've checked on the web since I was allowed back in and it's roughly okay!  So the memory cell is still functioning to some extent.

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/cassiscassis/PICT0005.jpg[/IMG]

That is seriously disturbing. I love it. [:-))] Are you going to position it within the wall, in a dark corner, perhaps? Drape some ivy over it and scare unsuspecting children - or adults. Or maybe lie it face up in a pool (ornamental garden variety, not swimming) so that when someone peers in, they see it screaming up at them? [6]

Jude just saw it and said it will scare the crap out of the guests.  I don't agree - I think we need to attract a  richer and more cultured (yoghurty) clientèle and this could be the way to do it.  What about one of these hidden in every bed?