LADIES ONLY - Mammogram

Suninfrance

I wonder how many men will read this?

Mammograms

Many women are afraid of their first mammogram, but there is no

need to worry. By taking a few minutes each day for a week preceding the exam

and doing the following exercises, you will be totally prepared for the test and

best of all, you can do these simple exercises right in and around your

home.

EXERCISE ONE:

Open your refrigerator door and insert one breast

in door. Shut

the door as hard as possible and lean on the door for good

measure.

Hold that position for five seconds. Repeat again in case

the

first time wasn't effective enough.

EXERCISE TWO:

Visit

your garage at 3AM when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect.

Take off all your clothes and lie comfortably on the floor with one breast

wedged under the rear tire of the car. Ask a

friend to slowly back the car up

until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled. Turn over and repeat

with the other breast.

EXERCISE THREE:

Freeze two metal bookends

overnight. Strip to the waist. Invite a

stranger into the room. Press the

bookends against one of your breasts.

Smash the bookends together as hard as

you can. Set up an

appointment with the stranger to meet next year and do it

again. YOU ARE TOTALLY PREPARED!

And you guys think we are joking!   LOL

Actually it's not THAT bad.  It's the complete stranger trying to mould your boobs into the scanner to take the X-rays that's the pain (literally).  But if you look on the "ligher side" it's not a problem.  Having hit the age of 50 I got a free mammo this year and it was a lot more comfortable than the couple I had done in England.

Should that not be "fortunately" - you will get much better care out here in France.  Ok, you might get a bit squished, but it is all in a good cause.  My friend and I had mammos at the same time - mine was OK, but unfortunately hers wasn't.  However (and don't panic), she received the best of treatment and care and is now OK.  I suspect if she was in the UK she would not have received the same kind of attention.

This was posted on the "lighter side" and shouldn't be taken too seriously.   Yes you do get your boobs squished and prodded by strangers, but  it is a necessary process and worth it.

I won't be getting it done in France - I'm only entitled to emergency care there. I tried to rearrange the appointment, but I can't book for more than one month ahead.

Incidentally, I can understand the need for the the "squishing", but does the equipment have to be so cold ?

Hoddy

[quote user="Suninfrance"]Oh so true.  Have a look on the Food and Drink Thread under Four Letter Word for the latest on the "bathing suit".  That'll make you laugh.

[/quote]

That has made her day, I just went walkabout last time Wendy went shopping for a swimsuit..............[:D]

[quote user="Teamedup"]

As I told my gyn/ob after my first one. IF it was testiclesthat had to be checked in such a manner, I am sure that 'man' would have invented a far kinder and gentler machine. She looked quite surprised and then laughed.

[/quote]

How right you are TU!  I do very much like the fact that getting my mammies-grammed in France means that I get to see the results of the xrays and ultrasound straight away, and have a typed resume of findings, and prints of xrays and scan to take home with me.