What were we thinking of?

flunch

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Geordie girl"][quote user="Cathy"]

Wearing black plastic bags, belted around the waist, and thinking that it was cool...

[/quote]

I don`t believe you`d walk around like that Cathy. Did you have a pocket for your rubbish or did you just fill the bag as the day went on   [:D]

[/quote]

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who did'nt know of that fashion trend !  [:D]

You have all been describing the "deguisementes" worn at the new years eve party (in France) that I attended this year!

Mainly hippies, punks and disco divas, I will try to post some photos.

I could not convince my French girlfriend to go as a punk wearing a bin liner, safety pins and fishnets, she just did not believe me, I was well into the punk scene but she wasnt born at the time!

She finally went as a very chic hippie or hippie chick.

[quote user="memb"].      Bet you loved Toyah Wilcox.     Bay City Rollers and those short tartan trousers...yuk[/quote]

Yeah... Toyah rocked... hence the hair!  I also adored sting/police ... he's aged well too (I know not everyone will agree!)  bumped into him once in Kensington Market... Also loved The Clash and The Stranglers... and... there were so many!!!

Went to the see the Stranglers last July and they were fantastic!  Funny seeing so many middle aged people in the audience though!!! [:D]

[quote user="Geordie girl"]

Eeh i bet your mother wasn`t impressed  [:D]

A rose by any other name.................and all that  [:-))]

[/quote]

I used to get ready and wait til my parents we watching TV and run out of the house as fast as I could... otherwise my dad wouldn't let me out!  When my parents first met my future husband he was a punk... dressed like Johnny Rotten...  He was the most mild mannered chap you could meet and was a gas fitter by trade... certainly gave my mum and dad a bit of a shock... what would the Mother's Union say!!! [:D] (you also have to remember this was rural devon!!! think Jam and Jerusalem!!!)[:D] [:D]

[quote user="Cathy"]

Platform cork shoes - cost £1 and, of course, my best friend had to buy a pair so that we matched...

[/quote]

Oh I loved platform shoes too... and there were the spice girls thinking they invented them!!! [:D]

[quote user="Geordie girl"]Saw the clash at newcastle uni many moons ago, what a night     [/quote]

My first hubby loved the clash and we had to travel the country to see them... they got to recognise us in the end and we used to go back stage drinking with them... my kids don't beleive that and my first hubby kept the photos in the divorce!  [:D]

I used to be a " baba cool " ( post hippy) as we said in France.. wearing daddy's shirts , daddy's pullovers ( down to the knees...) , bootleg cut jeans; long purple  scarves , my perfume was patchouli, ( no flies in the room;;) [:D] ; a US army handbag with a big " peace and love " drawn on it, and John lennon's quotations written....

I also often wore a scarf round my head.. 

I must have pics somewhere...

I remember  what my mother used to say EVERY MORNING " you won't go out like that !!! " [:-))]       [:D][:D][:D] 

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/baba.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/baba2.png[/IMG]

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Flairs, you want flairs...............................[:D]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/Flairs.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Taken late 70's? Jason King upper lip gives it away....a blue check in the crimplene flares too....definately Sunday best!

[quote user="Frenchie"]

[:D] Couldn't find one, honest ! Ill ask my mum to send me some.. You re gonna laugh your head off BB ...

There was even a period when I had the Beatle haircut .. [:D]

[/quote]

Aww no photo!   please don't tell me you plonked a cereal bowl on your head and cut around it. [;-)]