Michelle or Carla ?

Frenchie

I prefer Michelle, but they are really very different 'animals' Michelle was by her husbands side through the campaign and looks as if she can more than hold her own in political circles, which she is well used to. She looks comfortable both in her own skin and the circumstances she now finds herself.

Carla always looks as if she is just trying just a little to hard and doesn't strike me as being relaxed, more on her guard, careful to make no error that may rebound on Sarkozy....and using 'feminine whiles' and charm rather than her political nouse to carry her through

Chalk and cheese [:)]

Hi, Jen, how's you's doin?

It's strange, as you say, how we have an "opinion" on people in the public eye whom we neither know nor have met.

For my money, if I had to sit next to one or the other for dinner, I'd rather Michelle.

Why? Well, this is the "reason" but please don't laugh at my "logic"......

It's because Michelle has such a genuine, broad smile and Carla's is a bit thin- and tight-lipped.  When I went to a convent school, all the nastiest nuns wore smiles just like Carla's.  To this day, I feel that slight fluttering of nerves in my stomach when I see a smile like that!

Have to stop and tell myself  I'm a grown-up person now and no one can give me that smile just prior to dishing out some punishment that would either hurt or humiliate.  Ridiculous, I know.............

Hola Sweet 17!  You are quite right about the thin smile - it's not generous, but then I feel the same about Segolene. They just don't seem real.. I guess there is no logic in why a certain face appeals to us more than another, other than perhaps as you say, a bad experience with a similar physionomy (sp).

While I'm here, can anyone tell me how to get my avatar to appear?  I've pressed all the appropriate buttons but all I get is a blank square.  I know I'm a cyber virgin, but quand meme, I can't be that dumb........ quoi que....[Www]