I am not Norman Tebbit and this isn't..

mint

..his notorious Cricket Test.

But how about a Tennis Test instead?

Murray (Brit or Scottish, depending on lots of factors) or Tsonga (French)?

Unfortunately, I will not be within sight or sound of a TV or even a computer so my "loyalty" will not be tested[:P]

Anyone care to show their "true" colours?

Edit:  corrected yet another spelling error, whoops!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

..his notorious Cricket Test.

But how about a Tennis Test instead?

Murray (Brit or Scottish, depending on lots of factors) or Tsonga (French)?

Unfortunately, I will not be within sight or sound of a TV or even a computer so my "loyalty" will not be tested[:P]

Anyone care to show their "true" colours?

Edit:  corrected yet another spelling error, whoops!

[/quote]

If Murray is winning then he will be British, if he is losing then he will be Scottish [:D]

I'd like Murray to win, whatever side of the channel I'm on and whoever's bosom is involved. Like him, I'm British, English or Scottish depending on who is winning.

More importantly, I'd like them to play....good job it's on centre court (I think) because otherwise they wouldn't be....Our summer weather was yesterday.

[quote user="Loiseau"]QUOTE If Murray is winning then he will be British, if he is losing then he will be Scottish [:D] END QUOTE ...and the reverse in Scotland, of course! ;-) Angela[/quote]As opposed to Tim Henman who was English when he was winning and British when losing[:D]

In my youth (a long time ago) it was a standing joke in Scotland that the BBC always referred to Scots and Welsh winners as British but English winners were English and only became british when they lost.

[quote user="Thibault"]

It wasn't much of a match - Tsonga was asleep for most of it, with only a set and a bit where he was near his best.

[/quote]You can only beat who is on the other side of the net. Also perhaps Tsonga just wasn't allowed to play better.

[quote user="Benjamin"]I don't mind who wins so long as it's not Murray (remember what he said about England?).

Come on Roger!!!!!!!!!   [6]

[/quote]It's people like you that made him say that. Just let me know next time England have a gentleman tennis player in the top 100.

I have now (hesitantly) allowed myself to watch Murray playing. I have noticed in the past that whenever I watched him, he lost. I'm in a quandary now for Sunday. Is this match too important for me to watch, or should I throw caution to the winds and let him win before my very eyes?

[quote user="Rabbie"]

It's people like you that made him say that. Just let me know next time England have a gentleman tennis player in the top 100.[/quote]

Or a top flight football club that goes bust.   [;-)]

Or just get your Czech book out.

[quote user="Benjamin"][quote user="Rabbie"]

It's people like you that made him say that. Just let me know next time England have a gentleman tennis player in the top 100.[/quote]

Or a top flight football club that goes bust.   [;-)]

Or just get your Czech book out.

[/quote]I think you will find that there are several successful premiership sides with much larger debts than Rangers. I personally have no sympathy for Rangers who IMO have done scottish football no favours over the years. The dominance by two clubs in Scotland has not been good for the game there in general and I fear the consequencesin England if the present dominance by a few clubs continues.

I am also puzzled by your reference to  my Czech book. I have no connection with that part of the former Czechoslovakia and although being trilingual do not speak their language so therefore do not have any books in it. Please explain

Just to clarify my allegiance in sporting matters.

I support all individual british competitors in athletics, boxing, tennis and the olympics etc. In team sports I support England in cricket especially when they are playing Australia. In rugby my first team is Scotland followed by Ireland, Wales and then England. In football I of course support Scotland and whoever is playing England although I made an exception in the recent Euros because I felt Roy Hodgson deserved support given the situation he was put in.

OK OK!

I promise to stop winding the Scottish contingent up. It's not that you get a lot to cheer about sports wise. [:D]

I'm honestly not bothered who wins..............so long as it's not Murray.  [6]

Czech?

Ivan Lendl, his newly found coach.

[quote user="Benjamin"]OK OK!

I promise to stop winding the Scottish contingent up. It's not that you get a lot to cheer about sports wise. [:D][/quote]Don't worry! We can take it. We're not just fair weather fans[:)]
[quote user="Benjamin"]
I'm honestly not bothered who wins..............so long as it's not Murray.  [6][/quote]Well it's either going to be Murray or Federer. With the stats favouring federer by a large margin. Still a brit in the Wimbledon Final after only 74 years isn't too shabby

[quote user="Benjamin"]Czech?

Ivan Lendl, his newly found coach.[/quote]I was a bit slow on that one. Must remember to turn brain on in the morning[:(]

Scottish/English background, raised and live part-time in England. I'm supporting Murray, although I think Federer has a brilliant record, so won't be heartbroken if he adds to it. It must be a lift to many of those in a soaking-wet UK to have somebody in the final after 74 years!

Good match! Well deserved win for Roger Federer who said he'd never played better.Truly a pleasure to see a true champion in action.

Also Congratulations to Jon Marray and Freddy Nielsen on winning the Mens Doubles. A first briton to win this since 1936

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Well said, Rabbie!

Now it's all over, I can admit that, once Nadal was out, I supported Federer [:$]

[/quote]I hoped Murray would win but expected Federer to do so. I thought both players added to their reputation in thoroughly enjoyable match that swung on small margins.