Re: What do YOU do on a day when NOTHING goes right?

mint

I know we have all had these and I am just dumping my rubbish on here.

Had to ring French bank, couldn't get through.  So wrote a letter and, no doubt, it had better be récommandée so a round trip to the nearest bureau de poste planned for this afternoon.

Had to ring UK bank and, after being passed around a bit, got to someone who sounded half-way sensible only to find that the person I had written to is "away".  It was not made clear to me away for what reason or for how long.  On holiday, having lunch, outside having a fag, gone to a funeral, permanently dismissed?

Had the fosse emptied and the man was in a bit of a daze, having lost his wife recently to cancer.  I know some of his family so we sat down for a drink and I helped him fill out the bill and waved him on his way.  After he'd left, I found that he'd left a bucket behind.

Bearing in mind my phone phobia and that I had already been forced to make a few calls today, I nonetheless rang the man.  Couldn't get much sense out of him so I just told him I'd leave his bucket near the gates and he could recuperer it when he is ready.

Our neighbours opposite are having his roof replaced so we have had nothing but heavy machinery of one sort or another all day, and our gates being blocked some of the time.  The dog is nervous with all this activity.

Had radiators delivered and lo and behold, one has a dent in it in a very obvious place.  So another email (which is fine) followed by yet another phone call..................urggh!

Now have to take photos of the radiateur and the packaging and goodness knows when (IF) it will be replaced.

One of the cars is in the garage, having its brake pads replaced and TBH I wouldn't mind betting that there will be some complication or other.

Can't see anything to be cheerful about so, once I've got the car back, been to the Post Office, etc, done all the driving for today, I am going to have one very stiff drink.

Either that or I drive somewhere remote and have a good howl...................[:'(] 

I don't do stiff drinks. In fact I rarely do any drink with alcohol, not 'never', but rarely. I do howl sometimes though, I certainly did in France, when we were in a detached house, and have been known to do it in this one, but not so loud.

The day I screamed in France, I mean screamed at full tilt was when Tiscali said that they were sending the hussier after us for non payment. The letter arrived just after the last post had gone on a Saturday. My son was there with his new girlfriend, and it was either start hitting the wall or scream, so I screamed.

Tiscali, had our money, they had just not put it into our account with them, put it into one of 'their' accounts. Was not the last time we had trouble with them, the last time, they said I hadn't got an account at all, but we still owed them money.

And this is my life. Everyweek something that shouldn't, goes wrong, one way or another. Sometimes these things come in multiples, fortunately not always. And sometimes I have really really bad days, I did a few days ago.

Then there are the problems that are like a good old ragout, they mijote, only not for hours, for days, sometimes months and even years. They are perpetual things in my life that are not good and sometimes very bad. So life has to be put into compartments, otherwise a person could end up depressed and constantly miserable, and I won't live my life like that!

And now I'm off out for a good night out, an evening meal with friends.

Chin up, mint. Tomorrow is another day!

Thank you, Pat and id.

I have just read about a French hostage having been beheaded by ISIS.

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, my little problems score  zero.

Please note that I did put the post on the lighter side so my grizzling wasn't meant to be serious.

Now I am sad instead of cross.......................[:(]

What do I do on those days?

Exactly the same as on the good days, I look for the positive things, the things that go well, the things that make me proud, the achievements that I have made, the progress I am making towards putting right the wrongs, all the pleasures of being alive and in good health living a stress free life.

In fact all days are the same but not every day do I have the same positive mental attitude and those are the days when things dont seem to go right.

In hindsight, back when I was a drinker there were many more days when things always seemed to go wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMNXogXnvE

There are days when you are the windscreen and there are days when you are the fly, but if you were the windscreen all the time you would forget just how good things are and accept it as normal. Then, when you suddenly became the fly again you would have an even greater shock.

Now, I am extreamly confusticated and I think what I did just said is about wot I nearly meant-ish [8-)][:-))]

Personally I am normally the fly and if I were to fall into a bucket of roses I would come up smelling of the muck they were grown in, so being the windscreen is the shock for me [blink]