Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my sins I must confess, Heady days, Colston Hall, Uncle Bonnys Chinese Jazz Club at the Corn Exchange, It was life but not as we know it! (sorry about the size of the post but best get it over with in 1 hit!)

Come on Rolling Stones, TheWho Happy Jack, Yard birds For your love Beatles she loves you  
I even wore a beatle jacket to the
Toprank to see TonyPrince & BobDylan the Car was a 4litre Austin Princess Limo; fortunately they all got better especially that bloke Eric from the Yardbirds [8-|] 

[quote user="now just john "]

Frenchie that bloke is riding my motorbike! must get a helmet like his . . .
Most seem to remember Jimi as wild like PurpleHaze, better than Bert eh Weedon [8-|]
but I liked his cool stuff as well Angel [:)]

[/quote]

Did I tell you John (I've told everybody else[geek]) that Noel Redding went to my school.  During assembly one day the headmaster told Redding that he was a disgrace and should get his haircut.  A few days later he came back with a piece missing off the side and bits of pink and green colouring in his hair.  I think he was also the one who started the craze of wearing luminous socks to school with trousers turned up to show them off.

[quote user="now just john "]Brilliantly crafted love songs Cowoman, and Weedon, I only dare follow it with CorrinaCorrina or Make you feel my love, pity about the voice Bob [8-|] (sorry, of course it adds a real dimension to the song lol)[:)][/quote]

Again with Bob, didn't know that one John, good though although are you sure that it was Dylan singing?  I 've heard him on the radio lately and know that he has swallowed a load of gravel, but still!!

Can I let you know about the flower one?

I am not sure about the flower one I think i would have to listen to it a few more times

Thing is with me I really like words and sadly I dont understand these,but havnt wrote it off yet.

James and the Raconteurs have new albums out and they are superb

I love anything that starts with bob and ends with Dylan  so love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhOc0V-ES40

[quote user="Weedon"][quote user="Frenchie"]

John, have you ever seen the Beatles on stage?? [blink]

Here s Paul in " The long and winding road"

He wrote this song for me, he can't help knocking at my door .. [:P]

[/quote]

Play hard to get Frenchie otherwise he'll think you are after his money.  Next time he knocks..tell him.

Nice syrup on the performer?

[/quote]

No , no, Paul knows I ve always loved him dearly,[:D], I ve always known I couldn't buy his love, [:)] and he taught me " Hey Reg, let me in"

Look, there s a pic of him in my classroom at 0' 34" ... [;-)]

Penny Lane with the bus stop in the middle of the roundabout at the opening of the video.. [;-)]