The French elections...a different view

NormanH

I enjoyed that Norman.

This morning I was out walking with a friend. A local man stopped his car and offered us both a few stems of muguets he'd picked in the local woods, no charge. Then he started chatting. Suddenly he said, I want you to know that I am not going to vote for Marine le Pen. Hilarious! This statement was followed by a good ten minutes of his political views.

Couldn't watch the you tube clip, but I am a great fan of John Oliver, watch him every week on Last Week Tonight. Usually very well researched and very funny......

There are quite a few Last Week Tonight you tube clips about France. No idea if they will work anywhere.

I used to like him too, when he was a scruffy oik on the likes of Mock the Week years ago.

The best bit was when he spoke French with that "exaggerated" English accent......yes, I hear people speak French like that at Leclerc!

I know I speak like that too because, within a couple of sentences, some French person would ask me if I was anglaise[:'(]

Thanks Sue but I have seen these.

I watch every single episode, and am as snarly when family members make a noise when it is on, as I used to be when The News Quiz was on years ago. That was when it had the dream team of Alan Coren, Simon Hoggart (whether he be panelist or host) as well as Jeremy Hardy and Andy Hamilton with Charlotte Green as the news reader.....  was a GREAT program and that panel and for me, beats HIGNFY any day of the week.