Avis d'Impot Premier Compte?

Doodle

Hello all

I paid my tax bill in full last September amounting to 1034 euros. Today I've received a bill ie Avis d'Impot Premier Compte showing the total of 1034 and that I need to pay 324 euros. I'm hoping that they have made a mistake or have I missed something and I'm being billed for this years tax in advance in case they think I can't pay up?!! Nothing would surprise me.

Thanks Mrs KG (having a slight panic!)

If your tax bill one year is over a certain amount, then yes I'm afraid you are required to pay in instalments the next year. It's normal.

This first payment on account has to be one third of your this year's tax bill, so if you are sure your bill this year will be lower than it was last year, you can pay less than they are asking for. But if you get it wrong and come Septemberit turns out that your payment on account was too low, there will be a fine to be paid.

Hello and thanks to one and all for the info - much appreciated.

It makes sense now as until last year our tax bill each year was around 300 euros. So now that I've got over myself I think that I'd rather NOT have one large bill to pay in September and that the 3 bill spread is much better for my budget system!

Oh I need a large glass of red! Cheers, Mrs KG

[quote user="woolybanana"]Do these part bills include social charges?[/quote]

Yes, because it's about 3 or 4 years now since they only send the one bill and not 2 separate ones.

I am in the process of reclaiming social charges but, whilst the claim is being examined, they have continued to send me the bills.

And I am continuing to pay them.....[:(]