We all need a laugh...

Loiseau

I think this is a new twist on an old joke, but worth re-telling:

Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, the Pope and a ten-year-old schoolboy are on a plane, that is going down. There are only four parachutes.

Trump declares, "I'm the smartest person in the U.S.A., the country needs me." He grabs one and jumps.

Johnson declares, "Britain can't survive without me," as he grabs one and jumps.

The Pope declares, "More than a billion Catholics need me," as he grabs one and jumps.

Merkel looks at the boy and says, "You take the last one. You have a whole life ahead of you."

The boy replies, "It's OK, there's two parachutes left. The smartest man in the U.S.A. took my school bag."

Loiseau wrote : I think this is a new twist on an old joke, but worth re-telling:

Love it .. but doesn't it also go to show how thoughtful and compassionate women are ?.

Shame Mme Merkel is going to retire .. though she deserves a rest.

And I needed a good laugh too. Great updating an old joke Loiseau.

A few days ago, I started reading, This is Going to Hurt, by Adam Kay, it's the secret diaries of a Junior Doctor..........and have laughed until I cried at it.

Long time since anything has amused me like that. And at times like these, a good laugh is essential for me.

Nice one, loiseau[:)]

There WAS a true life one.  I read that an Italian priest was in ICU on a ventilator when they brought in a young man.  The priest asked the doctors to give his ventilator to the newcomer.  The story didn't say if the young man was saved but the priest lost his life.