Ali's back in Ards

ali-cat

Hi Folks!!

Back home again - in rainy Northern Ireland & not signing in as Tresco!!!!   [Www]

We had a great time in France - opened our first French bank account (easy - but never signed so many papers in my life!), found a perfect rental, but most important of all - met TRESCO & her lovely OH!!  A wonderful couple & the most perfect hosts we could have ever wished for!!  The red water flowed & lunch was delicious!!  [:D]

Hope that things will start to get moving now - once we've had a long, long talk to be sure we are doing the right thing.  Mark's getting the wobbles again - but only as it's getting so real now!! 

Must go now & read throught all the threads I've missed - some strangs things seem to have been happening, while we were away!!  I'm also wanted to say that I'm glad that Twinkle has got a lovely avatar again & Dick has got a really cute monkey, again - the last one scared me!!  [:-))]

***We had a great time in France - opened our first French bank account (easy - but never signed so many papers in my life!), found a perfect rental, but most important of all - met TRESCO & her lovely OH!!***

Yes, yes - I agree all very important, but, crucially - how was the weather???[;-)]

Sue

PS  Lovely to have you back.

I thought the 2 months and counting was your coming to France permanently ? Sorry if I  haven't been keeping up. So when are you coming on a one way ticket?

Has this trip given Mark more of a sense of optimism [:)] or just panic and dread?[:-))]

Hi Ali,

Lovely to see you back safe & sound!  So glad you had a great time and that you found a nice love nest.

You haven't missed much.There is a new pub where some of the regulars from here go, but  there's another twinkle there so I won't go in!  She/he  hasn't said anything yet....but I'm not happy about it. 

I do peep through the window sometimes (can't help myself[:$]) but it was all steamed up last night so I don't know what was going on.  There's no bouncers on the door so bullies can get in, and there's a nasty one there who's mates  with the owner - so I avoid it like the plague.

See you later!

Are the cats happy to see you both?

Hi Ali

Nice to see you enjoyed the trip, and good to hear you found somewhere.

It was really good fun meeting you and Mark.

He's much more laid back than you let on, and of course the two of you have that  hilarious comic double act going on. I suffered terribly for drinking at mid-day,but it was worth it.[:)]

Just in from an appointment with my consultant - got latest MRI scan results.  I wonder sometimes, why so much money is spent on this sort of test when all it tells me is that my back is still knackered!!  I already know that - it hurts!!!  Duh!!

Anyway - thank you for welcoming us back!!  The weather was very mixed - Mark got his tan going at Mr & Mrs Trescos house & I had to buy new waterproof shoes the next day, as it rained so much (had to buy mens baseball boots cos' I couldn't fine a womans 42 anywhere!!).  At least it was warm & my back didn't give me any problems the whole time we were over.  Sat out every night, at different restaurants, to have dinner (not easy being veggie) & consumed copious amounts of the Red Stuff!! [blink]  I'll tell you one thing!!  That Tresco can put it away!!  [:-))]

Ben & Penny really missed us.  They are still following us around & won't let their "daddy" out of their sight.  Solomon just moved in next door - so doubt he even noticed we had gone!!

Don't like the sound of this new pub - especially with another Twinkle!!  A KKK imposter was bad - but a 2nd Twinks!!  Have these people no shame!!

I'll tell you one thing!!  That Tresco can put it away!![:-))]

Don't like the sound of this new pub - especially with another Twinkle!!  A KKK imposter was bad - but a 2nd Twinks!!  Have these people no shame!!

That Treco doesn't usually start putting it away at 12.30. [:)]

I had to lie down afterwards, then made the mistake of having some of that wicked fluid after dinner that night. [:'(]

PS: It seems the imposter had no intention of imposting.

Sorry Tresco!!  Wasn't trying to imply that you had a habit of drinking in the afternoon!!  We must be a bad influence!! [:-))]  I had a few in La Rochelle on Tuesday afternoon & couldn't see straight to write my postcards - Heaven only knows what I put on them!!   Oh, by the way - thank you for calling me "statuesque" in the other thread!!  I walked around, head held high - until Mark pointed out the I am indeed statuesque - I stand around all day doing nothing!!!  [:@]

Beryl - forgot to say - you are right about the two months & counting bit.  All being well (Marks dad is quiet ill) we should be heading over by the end of June.  I'm sure Mark'll have a few more wobbles - wouldn't be Mark if he didn't - but I'll just keep feeding him the wine, remind him about the weather & how well we both felt the whole week!!  Should work - & if it dosen't I'll just threaten him with bodily violence!!  [:-))]

Sorry Tresco!!  Wasn't trying to imply that you had a habit of drinking in the afternoon!! 

I didn't think you were Ali!

Actually, we pretty much stopped 'doing' lunch after about 4 weeks here.

I know I could always say no of course, but I'm weak willed, so I don't put myself in that position much any more.

It was irresistable that day though. It was fun [:)]

Hope Marks' Dad is improving.

We have got confirmation today that we have a house about 30kms south of Angouleme.  We looked in the Dordogne - but decided that the Charente/Charente Maritime areas were more us. The house is lovely, the owners are really nice - & they love cats!!  [:D]

At the moment it seems to be a buyers market.  There are plenty of properties about - but we don't want to start looking as soon as we get over - just to be sure we are doing the right thing.  We may be being over cautious - but you know how Mark likes his Wobbles!! [Www]

We called up to see Marks Dad today - who is much better, thank you.  His Dad says to go for it - & start a new adventure.  It reassured Mark that his Dad was ok about us going.  [:)]

[quote user="beryl"]

Twinkle

I just LOVE your avatar, please tell me what / who it is?

[/quote]

Hi Beryl

Sorry problems with computer yesterday, wanadoo have been doing their dirty deeds!

I love my avatar too!  It's a little girl being filled with the spirit I think - it was an advertisement for a Baptist church meeting.  I just image googled "little girl screaming" (as you do)  I saw her and I loved her at first sight.

All me family loved cats too!

Me aunty Josie had a real cat and a pair of Imari porcelain cats. She loved the flowers painted on the Imari cats so much, that she smeared vaseline all over her real cats back, and planted geranium seeds on it. She watered the cat regularly and kept him in the green house in the bad weather.  Well you never seen anything like it when the geraniums grew on the cat! She won first prize in the annual Cat of Kildare show and first prize in the Annual Flower of Kildare Festival using the same cat.

[kiss]

I hope all goes great for you in the Charente there! You have the lovely Mrs Animal and Mrs Tresco out there too! Imagine those 3 gorgeous flowers all together in one place? it could well be illegal, who knows!

If you need seeds to plant on your cats, try www.jungleseeds.co.uk  Me and Mrs Gupta clubbed together to buy an all night garden centre, and we got all our seeds from them to grow our own exotic plants! I spend hours looking at her ginger lillies most nights. The Japanese Mangolia and Beijing Catalpa are really lovely. I better mention them in the garden department for all the budding Percy Throwers.

[kiss]