Quiz question, help please?

Unknown

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]If I was teaching English to non-English speakers (which, by a spooky coincidence, I do) then I'm sure I'd make "n" the answer. Why? because I assume that the teacher will be trying to test the students' knowledge of English language, not geography, history etc. However, I've bought extra eggs to wear over my face for when I turn out to be wrong.[/quote]

I like mine scrambled.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dotty "]

Could be Betty, but are there any places in London that are also places in France.

Similar to New Orleans in the States.

Thanks.

[/quote]

There is a street somewhere by the French Consulate in London called Petty France. Petty being the deformed englicised way of the word Petit ..... As you walk along that street you would not know that you are in London. French shops, french people behaving just like back at home........

As well as Petty France there is Rodin's monument of the 6 burgers of Calais. By Westminster.

In the East end of London there is a place where the Huguenots settled as refugiees from the persecutions exacted by Louis XIV's Edit de Nantes... They built a temple there to worship which is apparently now a mosque!.... somewhere by Brick lane I think...

The French Embassy in Knightsbridge....

Also near Windsor I think, there is a memorial/mausoleum/tomb  to Napoléon II, the son of Napoléon Ist. Some obscure reason why he is burried there but not in France or Corsica where the family came from.....

Hope we get the answer soon....

[quote user="Christine Animal"].... "what part of London is also in France".....  [/quote]

Just like at the exams!! READ and RE-read the question!! 

My guess would be the British Embassy in Paris on St Honoré...

If not the house that the Duke of Windsor and Mrs Simpson were bought to be sent to exile which I think now belongs to Al Fayed....

The terminal for the Eurostar.....

This is eating me !....

[quote user="Missy"]

Also near Windsor I think, there is a memorial/mausoleum/tomb  to Napoléon II, the son of Napoléon Ist. Some obscure reason why he is burried there but not in France or Corsica where the family came from.....

Hope we get the answer soon....

[/quote]

Errr.....a small point, but wouldn't that make it a part of France in England?

Well, daughter has just got home, half day Wednesday and had her English class.  She got the answer right and won a prize, which is a chewie sweet and she has given it to me, but I don't think I deserve it as it was with the help of you good folk that gave her the correct answer.

Oh sorry to go on, the answer is 'N'.

Many thanks, I will eat the sweet and think of you all.