Be aware (Ebay theft)

Bugsy

Bought and paid for some stuff before christmas, cheque cleared on the 14th December, nothing arrived. I wouldn't normally pay by cheque, but there was no other option offered.

He had 100% rating when I purchased, but looks a bit different now, b*st*rd. An internet check of the company can find no record.

Doesn't look likely that I can get my money back .

be aware that some bad language can be seen on this link 

http://feedback.ebay.co.u.....id=feri-imports

Yes, and reported it to the police. There is, currently, a nationwide survelance of internet fraud being run by the police to try and catch these sort of people. They explained today that genuine ebay accounts with good feedback, are getting cloned by thieves, who then run a scam such as the one I've just been victim to.

Fortunately, it wasn't a great deal of money, but that's not the point, is it ?

The 'company' from Manchester no longer exist, or possibly never existed, and Ebay have shut the account down, but it still makes you pretty angry.

I think I'll go and clean a rifle, it'll make me feel better......................[:)][:)]

Hi Gary

I feel for you and I would like to think you'll get somewhere with Ebay or the police, but I doubt it somehow...

I have bought stuff two or three times through Ebay.

The last time I did, the seller did not answer my emails for 10 days after I had sent the payment. The goods eventually arrived but I gave him a neutral feedback. His reply was swift and abusive. To be honest, the stress, concern and worry that particular experience caused me has been such that I decided that I would not put myself through this again and I have avoided Ebay since.

"genuine ebay accounts with good feedback, are getting cloned by thieves,"

Yes, happened to my account (350 feedback, 100% positive) a while ago. I suddenly got a barrage of "thanks for listing your item" emails (60-odd, all 'Mont Blanc' pens).

I've no idea how they do this, all ebay said was that I must have revealed my password to someone! To be fair, they removed the dodgy listings very quickly, but that obviously depends on the genuine member checking the relevant email address at the right time.

Hope you get it sorted.

Please note that this thread was started to simply warn others about the pitfalls of buying on Ebay and paying by cheque rather than Paypal or Credit Card. That said, it has probably done that and can now go quietly to wherever old threads go.

I will, of course, advise on the outcome, as and when it becomes resolved.

The point Cat has made is correct and I was asked before any changes to this thread were made.

Please let's have no one falling out over this.........................................[:)]

I sympathise m8 and don't wish to rub salt into your wound but I'm afraid that if you paid cash (which you effectively did by paying by cheque) then eBay will almost certainly wash their hands of you.

See the eBay Standard Purchase Protection Programme http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/esppp-process.html

This appears to have been the classic and simplest eBay scam where someone sets up an AC, buys and sells a number of low value items to get a good feedback rating, then goes for the kill.

Always remember, unless you are collecting an item in person NEVER EVER EVER EVER pay by cash and also, even if the seller has 100% feedback, take the time to actually look at what they've been buying/selling.

My husband purchased an item some time ago from Ebay. He waited 28 days for the item to arrive which was paid for by Paypal.  The item did not arrive and, when he contacted Ebay and Paypal, he was told that because the time was now in excess of 28 days from time of ordering then he was not covered. Can't win[:(]