If you are flying somewhere.......................

Bugsy

[img]http://www.completefrance.com/cs/images/emotions/blink.gif[/img] be carefull I think you can be arested under the new terrorism laws in Europe for this [img]http://www.completefrance.com/cs/images/emotions/whistling.gif[/img]

No  kidding.  You can be stopped just for looking the wrong way and / or telling any sort of joke that even MIGHT refer to anything "terrorist" related.  It really is ridiculous.

When I last flew, Nov. 6th (Suisse to Paris CDG), the first day of the new flight regulations.  It was a horrible nightmare.  I didn't even get through the second carry-on / passport check until after the time my flight was supposed to take off.  No info. anywhere and everyone seemed to be in the same predicament.  I was to land in Paris 1 hour 15 minutes before my daughter (12) was to arrive (from a different location).  I was furious by the time I made it to the gate, where there was, yet another #*$&#* security agent there to ask MORE questions.  When I got to the desk, I was so frustrated and asked, has the flight left yet.  The Security agent said "Good Morning Madame."  I looked at her and said, "I wish it was."  She then, patronizingly said louder, "GOOD MORNING MADAME."  Clearly a true BI***.  I knew if I said what I wanted to say, or even suggested that perhaps she might not want to be so patronizing considering what all these passengers have been threw, I knew she would most likely have me arrested or pull me aside long enough to cause me to miss my flight.

It is frustrating to think that so many of these "security" employees are nothing more than untrained jerks. 

The website is funny, but I wouldn't do it.

The last flight I took the the security staff did not like the look of the buckle on my leather belt and asked me to remove my belt would you believe.......when I said  " I will not ! " she backed off ....whats next strip off and walk into the lounge in your pants ? 

Luton 10 days ago made us take our coats, shoes, belts etc off, then rather than the usually door-shaped detector, you had to stand inside a scanner thing with your hands above your head.   The doors close and it scans all round you.   It's glass, so you don't get claustrophobic.

Kind of like Woody Allen's orgasmotron, and yet strangely different....... 

It makes me laugh, last month when I flew out of Bordeaux I had to take my camera, phone, keys, torch, eye liner(??????) out of my hand bag for closer inspection, take the batteries out open every flapetc etc  but didn't seem to notice I still had a handful of 4 inch screws in my pocket from the job I'd been doing in the garden (which I had forgotten about till I got home). When are normal services going to resume at airports so you can travel with just a carry on that has toiletries in?[;-)]