True Story

Just Katie

I have heard many people talk about the film "Who will love my children".  It was on tonight so I decided to watch it.  I must admit I am not one to cry over films but after watching this my face resembles a swollen, puffy frog.

Usually, at the end of "true story" films, you get a little write up of how things went, but there was nothing. 

I know it is a stab in the dark but can anyone throw some light?

A real tearjerker based on a real life story - as there are children (ten of them, if I recall) involved, there would be some protection of their identities involved. Or a lot, because I can't find any information about it/them.

It's years since I saw that film.

Tresco, are you serious?  The only times I see him is weddings and funerals.  If I suddenly knock his door and ask for a copy of that film he will think I am a luna. 

Anyway, he has got a reputation to keep and I think that no one is suppose to know it gets him going.  He slipped up in a family do.

Sorry, I had not thought of that.  Dick it is on the True Story Channel.  You are going to be very busy this week with sending this over and the remote control, toblerone and Take a Break.

Tresc, I would do it but I can't, we have sky plus.  It doesnt get on with my DVD player and they have a gameplan to confuse me. 

Ask me for anything else and I will send it over as long as you promise to love me more than Dick.

[quote user="Just Katie "]Ask me for anything else and I will send it over as long as you promise to love me more than Dick.[/quote]

I learnt this lesson a long time ago. Don't over-promise and under-deliver.

I really enjoy watching films with these girls. They have never watched films with anyone interested in 'film' before. One of them is very open to talking about themes, and even lighting, music, and cinematography.

I'm not saying this film would stretch them in that way, but emotionally it could.

I have never let them watch Kill Bill, by the way. They are 13 and 12 years old. They think I'm a meanie.

[quote user="Just Katie "]

Sorry, I had not thought of that.  Dick it is on the True Story Channel.  You are going to be very busy this week with sending this over and the remote control, toblerone and Take a Break.

Tresc, I would do it but I can't, we have sky plus.  It doesnt get on with my DVD player and they have a gameplan to confuse me. 

Ask me for anything else and I will send it over as long as you promise to love me more than Dick.

[/quote]

Sorry, I don't have the True Story Channel. Is it on Sky? Do you mean True Movies? What's the recording problem?

They didn't need the remote control (it dried out) and the Toblerone is on the ferry, so it's just Take a Break, I'm afraid.

Tresco, I also learnt never to over-promise and under-deliver.  That is why I told you I cannot send the DVD.  When I am invited along somewhere, people who know me, know too well that they will not get an answer until the day before and even that is a bit too early for me.

This film is being shown again on TRUE MOVIE CHANNEL 16.30 GMT on MONDAY.

If hubby hasn't sorted the recording problem out and nobody else comes to the rescue, I suppose Uncle Ernie is due a visit.

The only thing is, I never repaid him the £20 I owed him from Auntie Olives funeral and his rates are dire.[:$]

Hello - just a quick note to say I watched this film years ago on video and again last year - I don't think any other film has made me cry quite as much as this one!  Apparently it is very true and without giving anything away it was written by the children some years after. [:$]