What does that mean?

Clair

an amusing thread to read at one go for the first time[8-)]

from woman with swollen face ... to ... mothers ... to ... Boudica in 12 posts,

with the following subthemes: BBC and work experience (should be inverted), doctors and HenryVIII, codpieces and breastplates, wheelchairs and chariots, lippy and bodyform, multi-tasking and child feeding

[quote user="ThomasD"]

an amusing thread to read at one go for the first time[8-)]

from woman with swollen face ... to ... mothers ... to ... Boudica in 12 posts,

with the following subthemes: BBC and work experience (should be inverted), doctors and HenryVIII, codpieces and breastplates, wheelchairs and chariots, lippy and bodyform, multi-tasking and child feeding

[/quote]

12 posts is relatively meandery given some of the participants.  Will you let me have 'meandery' Dick?  I rather like it.

[quote user="Mark"]

12 posts is relatively meandery given some of the participants.  Will you let me have 'meandery' Dick?  I rather like it.

[/quote]

Ooh, not sure Dick would allow that.  Does 'meandery' mean 'meandering'?  In which case I reckon it was no more meandery than usual given the participants!

I find it quite unbelievable that a discussion I started to highlight the poor standard of journalism within the BBC has been highjacked and turned into some non-sensical discussion about history, the role of women (as an aside, children and cooking should be enough to keep them occupied) and ethymology.

I have a good mind to hit the report button on this now tainted thread [6]

Tongue firmly held in cheek [:P]

[quote user="Clair"]I find it quite unbelievable that a discussion I started to highlight the poor standard of journalism within the BBC has been highjacked and turned into some non-sensical discussion about history, the role of women (as an aside, children and cooking should be enough to keep them occupied) and ethymology.
[/quote]

I assume you mean etymology[;-)] Or is ethymology the ethics of meandery?

Perhaps the reason your OP got highjacked is because everyone agrees with you and wanted to move on to more serious issues?

[quote user="Clair"]Tongue firmly held in cheek [:P]
[/quote]

ditto[;-)][;-)]