A life in the armed forces

terry

[quote user="Russethouse"] Are you perhaps considering joining one of the armed forces? Or have a child that is considering it ? Its rather a wide topic and it may  help to get your perspective.[/quote]

I have been in a done my bit,and have a private view at this time.

[quote user="Russethouse"]FWIW in my experience forum members are more likely to respond if you give them a few starting points - ideas of issues you may have had in mind when you posted, that type of thing. Bon chance.[/quote]

Please tell me why i need

Good luck

Well now, before everyone starts shouting about how we appear to have 2 Magarets, and 2 Terrys, can I just say that it could be a complete coincidence.

But for anyone that thinks differently...

The forum is an open discussion board for Francophiles. Please be aware that it is a message board which from time to time is visited by hoaxers and those not necessarily interested in discussing France and French lifestyle. If you encounter users who you feel are abusing the message boards, please do not respond to them. These users are only encouraged when their messages provoke a response, so the best thing you can do is ignore them. Click on the 'Report' link on their message and Forum Admin or a moderator will deal with the complaint. I hope you enjoy using the forum, you will find a great deal of useful information on the message boards, and you might even make a few new friends!

[quote user="terry"]

[quote user="Russethouse"]FWIW in my experience forum members are more likely to respond if you give them a few starting points - ideas of issues you may have had in mind when you posted, that type of thing. Bon chance.[/quote]

Good luck

[/quote]

Because your about to get ripped to shreds[:-))][;-)][:D]

[quote user="Pads"][quote user="terry"]

Good luck

[/quote]

Because your about to get ripped to shreds[:-))][;-)][:D]

[/quote]

By a cat

Think not

[quote user="terry"]

A life in the armed forces these days.is it good or bad thing for the persons that do it?

[/quote]

As has been pointed out, in the light of a further indication of what sort of response you are trying to get, here are my observations.

If you are talking about the UK, it would seem to me that it would depend upon whether you survive conflict uninjured or not.  If you were not thinking specifically about the UK, just off the top of my head I reckon a career in the Iraq military would probably not have the benefit of a pension and life in the French army might be tricky for those of us who don't speak French that well  as RSM's are not known for their sense of humour.  Other than that......