Cooking Foil

mint

It really was truly scrumptious - I will definately make it again.  Fabulous flavours and I was amazed at how moist the chicken stayed even though I baked it for 2 hours. I used cheap tin foil doubled and it was fine.

The storm happened in the wee hours and so have been phone, electricity and internet -less since.  All back to normal here though.  Thank God it didn't happen on Friday - my oven's electric and I wouldn't have been able to cook it!

• 3 weeks later...

Have found a new use for the "paste".  Just cut the onions into bigger pieces, add some chopped up mushrooms and use it to make fish curry.

OH doesn't eat meat and this was lovely made with cod or panga (the frozen white fish from Vietnam).  Go easy on the 8 tablespoons of oil though as 8 could be a bit rich.

Also, use almands effilées instead of slivers of almonds and you get a nice texture as well.

I don't think I'd bother with curry pastes in bottles again.  This just tastes so fresh, especially with the lemon juice.

Also, I am now grinding the corriander seeds and cumin seeds in my electric coffee grinder.  Don't half make me feel like a "proper" cook instead of a "pretend" one!

[quote]Not too hot I hope [/quote]

Certainly not; it's a true Indian recipe.

I think you'll find that the ultra hot "curries" that many in the UK like are an Anglo-Bangladeshi* invention.

All the meals I've eaten in India, in the homes of people of Indian descent in the UK and in Indian Indian restaurants have all been subtly and intelligently spiced (even on the few occasions that they weren't very good).

*A huge proprtion of the so-called "Indian" restaurants which sprang up across the UK in the 70s were opened by poor Bangladeshi immigrants who had little or no experience in culinary matters.

Back in the UK a few years ago, we noticed that aluminium cookware seemed to be unavailable. Apparently because aluminium is suspected to help cause Alzheimer's disease.

We no longer use aluminium foil for cooking, especially as bits of it seem to corrode and disappear into the food, especially with acidic marinades.