Paedophile Blackmailed...

Dog

Evil against evil, difficult. Of the two, I think that the blackmailer was the more evil.

No doubt the blackmailer felt he was obtaining retribution. But justice is rightly the prerogative of the state not the individual - or the mob - because the state acts without emotion. And the individual - or rhe mob - gets it wrong. Do you remember the paediatrician who was hounded from her home after one of the redtops took it upon itself to promote public action against sex offenders?

child abuse rape ! is a lesser sin than blackmail ? ? ?

that cannot be right, if the police give a r apist / paedophile a caution t hen we are really messed up.

being abused messes a person up for life and this bloke probably really did need t he money.

i feel sick that a pensioner was excempt from proscectution as paedophiles are monsters and should always be prosectuted.

Admittedly we only have this short article to go on but it seems strange that the abuse was supposedly consensual - not sure 13 year olds can legally consent to abuse.

It would seem the child victim didn't suddenly start blackmailing the paedophile -  the abuser paid him off over some years to keep his crimes secret and the abused become used to the gifts and probably felt more and more guilt and anger and fell into demanding more and more which the abuser eventually thought wasn't good value. The abused would never have been in this situation if he had not been used by the paedophile.

Perhaps paedophiles would concider their actions more carefully if they realised the full costs on both sides. It seems to me the abuser got what he deserved.

[quote user="ontheway"]child abuse rape ! is a lesser sin than blackmail ? ? ?

that cannot be right, if the police give a r apist / paedophile a caution t hen we are really messed up.

being abused messes a person up for life and this bloke probably really did need t he money.

i feel sick that a pensioner was excempt from proscectution as paedophiles are monsters and should always be prosectuted.[/quote]

Strictly speaking, the man was a hebephile rather than a paedophile. The context is totally different. The young man extracted his revenge over a long period of time. He was as much a monster as was his victim.

This is a subject that I do feel strongly about and do know something about. When I was about 14 I found myself in a similar position to the young man. I have not been "messed up" by that experience, the reactions of the various agencies responding to the situation were far more troublesome. I used the experience to help me grow up.

I have said more than I intended.

[quote user="Clarkkent"][quote user="ontheway"]child abuse rape ! is a lesser sin than blackmail ? ? ? that cannot be right, if the police give a r apist / paedophile a caution t hen we are really messed up. being abused messes a person up for life and this bloke probably really did need t he money. i feel sick that a pensioner was excempt from proscectution as paedophiles are monsters and should always be prosectuted.[/quote] Strictly speaking, the man was a hebephile rather than a paedophile. The context is totally different. The young man extracted his revenge over a long period of time. He was as much a monster as was his victim. This is a subject that I do feel strongly about and do know something about. When I was about 14 I found myself in a similar position to the young man. I have not been "messed up" by that experience, the reactions of the various agencies responding to the situation were far more troublesome. I used the experience to help me grow up. I have said more than I intended.[/quote]

OK a hebephile prefers first editions rather than drafts. But it is still vary similar and the child still cannot properly consent.

I must admit that I hadn't realised there was a seperate term for these evil individuals - the boarding school I went to had plenty of them and they were teachers and men of the cloth - we 10-13 year olds just referred to them as homosexuals, it was the 1960's and we were too young to have read of the fairly recent naming of the hebephiles.

You are a better man than I if you have not been messed up in any way by these people whatever they are called. I must admit I am still in two minds to sue my old school and the church - and they wonder why no old boys from that era go to the reunions.

In the 1960s the crime was merely having intimate relations with the same sex - matters such as age or consent did not enter into it. As I know only too well having been to a single-sex school. As far as blackmail goes, I think the emotional blackmail usually practiced by the abuser to win the silence of the victim is morally rather worse that the abused person blackmailing the abuser - particularly as it is easier under the latter situation to expose the abuser for what he was.

Two wrongs do not make a right, whatever the circumstances. Just don't get me started on abuse of juveniles, in either England or France.

Sorry Will, that isn't quite true.  It has long been the law - and as far back as the 50s that I know of - that a child under the age of 13 is regarded as being incapable of either being able to have sexual intercourse (not with some of todays youngsters obviously) and more importantly, that a child under 13 could not give consent to a sexual act, so technically children under 13 have always been raped tho the offence has been, in my experience, usually been something else when charged because it's easier to prove.

And as J and I prove, abuse doesn't have to be a life sentence, it's something that you always carry with you but as somebody else said above, it can help you to grow up - far too quickly, what happened to having a 'proper' childhood which many sexual abusers steal from the abused child - and grow to have an appreciation for the real or potential damage that abuse can do to people.

As for the blackmailer, the abuser was lucky in some ways, the blackmailer could have taken much more direct action.  Both as bad as each other tho in the grand plan, the abuser is to me, the lowest form of life and whilst I totally opposed the red top's campaign of a few years ago, I would support a Megan's/Sarah's law approach if it weren't for the ability of the more intellectually challenged in our midst, whether newspaper reporters/editors or people in local communities, to deal with it in an appropriate way, hence wholly innocent people being hounded.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to deal with child sex offenders - the offenders register is easily avoided and doesn't cover everybody - and giving any abuser a caution because of their age is just a nonsense.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

and giving any abuser a caution because of their age is just a nonsense.

[/quote]

As was referring to them as the victim.

Although I do appreciate that the abuse remains alleged and unproven and that he was in fact the victim of the criminal act (blackmail) in question, it just jarred with me when I read that the victim was cautioned.

[quote user="ontheway"]child abuse rape ! is a lesser sin than blackmail ? ? ? that cannot be right, if the police give a r apist / paedophile a caution t hen we are really messed up. being abused messes a person up for life and this bloke probably really did need t he money. i feel sick that a pensioner was excempt from proscectution as paedophiles are monsters and should always be prosectuted.[/quote]

Seconded.